Daisy|flea market

flea market
This unattractive English term, now largely replaced by "swap meet," derives from the French original Marche aux Puces, a market in Paris where inexpensive goods were bought and sold--the implication being that such goods were covered with fleas. 

~~~

"It's only gotten worse," Touya walked up the steps to Tomura's home and knocked on the door. Why he didn't have a key was beyond him but he wasn't going to get into that right now. He just wanted to make sure Tomura was fine and then go to check up on his brother and whoever else was in his own apartment at the moment. 

Tomura opened the door with Kai hugging him from behind, sprawled out all over, as if he'd been dragged along the way to the door. "Will you get off already?" He pushed Kai away with one hand. 

"I'm offering moral support, which is something I don't often do, you're welcome to be graced with my presence," Kai insisted. 

"It's gotten worse," Touya put his phone into his pocket and walked inside. "They're now signing a petition to get you put back into jail..." 

"That's not good," Tomura sighed. 

"You've got a lot of haters coming after you from all sides," Touya frowned. 

"Do you think Hawks is behind that?" Kai suggested. 

"It's possible," Tomura nodded. 

No sooner had the trio walked away from the door, did another knock arise. Touya went to get it but once he opened the door he was so ticked off that he punched the individual. "What the hell are you doing here?" 

"Are you sure it's wise to punch someone when you're trying to get people to believe he isn't violent?" Hawks rubbed his cheek from the spot he fell to. He stood up and winced. "If this leaves a bruise I could always say it was Tomura, not you, and that would ruin his image even further. You really should think before you act." 

"I fucking hate your guts," Touya sneered. 

"We were so close too," Hawks sighed. He showed Touya what was on his phone. "You two just showed the world you were in a relationship. They're really going to hate on you too if I post this and claim you're cheating." He pointed to the phone. "Look how close we are..." 

"I was drunk-"

"Do you think that matters?" Hawks laughed. 

"Why are you doing this anyway?" Tomura asked, standing behind Touya since there wasn't much space directly in front of his door. 

"The scariest reason is that I have no reason," Hawks shrugged. "I just like to fuck shit up." 

"I really want to punch you right now," Tomura clenched his fist and turned around, walking back into his apartment. He curled up into a ball on his couch and lay down. 

Touya, wanting to punch him again, tried very hard not to. Kai, on the other hand, walked past Touya and grabbed Hawks' shoulders. He stared at him, staring deep into his soul, and then kneed him right in the dick. "Try to show that to the world as proof of violence," he gave him the finger and watched him hold his crotch and sink to his knees. 

"What a fucking bitch," Kai huffed and walked back inside Tomura's apartment, slamming the door behind him. 

"Oh," Tomura was reminded of the guy that had asked him about the one person in the photo. He said he wasn't with the police but did he have any connection to the police at all? Maybe he could help with this Hawks situation. He couldn't remember most of that interaction but he thought for sure he had a napkin with a phone number on it somewhere. 

Tomura searched his apartment for the number and finally found it. He gave it a dial. "Hello?" the voice asked over the phone. He wondered if this was a good idea, having second thoughts, and decided he'd already dialed so he might as well try. "Did you say you had a connection to the police?" 

"I do, but at the time I was talking to you it wasn't because of the police..." he clarified. 

"Did you find the person you were looking for?" 

"No." 

"Do you know anything about someone named 'Hawks'?" Tomura asked. There was silence for a moment. He almost thought he lost connection. 

"He is a dangerous man." 

"Is he wanted?" 

"Why do you ask? Do you have information?" 

"Hawks has attempted to blackmail me. He is currently in the area. I can lead you to him if you'd like to place him under arrest." 

"Does this have something to do with what's happening in the media lately?" Toshinori couldn't help but be skeptical. 

"If you don't want to help me, or catch this guy, that's fine. I'm sorry for bothering you." He was about to hang up but there was another response. 

"That's not what I mean," Toshinori clarified. "We might actually be able to help your public image more than you think..." he smiled, not that Tomura could see it. 

"Really?"