12 JIANG

"My name is Jiang" the boy said, his voice a low whisper.

"Jiang......that is nice. Where do you stay, how did you get here?" Su ying asked.

"I......I don't know,I was running and I ended up here" the boy confessed biting his lip.

"Why do you have all these blood stains on you?" Su ying asked again

The boy said nothing.

"We're you hit to this extent?" Su ying asked again.

The boy said nothing, after all even if he said anything, what was this person going to do, probably say serves you right..........that didn't sound right to Jiang. The man in front of him didn't look like he was going to do something like that.

"Where are your parents or siblings?" Su ying asked and regretted it immediately when the boy bit his lip a bit harder to draw blood and tears started dropping rapidly

"Oh shit" su ying cursed in his mind
I think I touched a subject I was not supposed to.

"I am so sorry, I didn't think it was a very sensitive topic for you, please forget I asked you something like that" su ying rushed out.

"Great, now you've gone and done it" su ying chastised himself in his head.

"It.....it's ok, they are dead, my family are long-term slaves in the palace, my parents died of the plague that was going on back when I was a baby, then I had to fend for my baby sister that was few months younger than me, but she......she.....she died today because one if the male guards beat her up. The blood on me is from her body and me fighting the guard and getting beat up more" Jiang finished, tears pouring down like a dam was broken giving the water works free reign.

Hiccups, running nose, puffy eyes, all in all he looked like a mess.

He was finding it hard to breath and su ying having been in similar situations knew just what to do but he just didn't know if it would work so he sang the small tiny Melody for the boy.

"Black bird singing in the dead of night,
Take this broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were always waiting for this moment to arrive"

Su ying sang and rubbed his back gently, combing his finger this the boy's hair and head on his lap.
His cries reduced to slight gasps for air and his grip on su ying had reduced.

"Are you ok now?" Su ying asked raising his head so that the boy would look at him

"Y.... yes" he replied and then horror set on his face
"What now?" Su ying asked thinking that the boy was going to say another thing again

"Your robe" the boy whispered, blood stains, snout, tears were all over his outer robe.

"It's ok, we can just wash it out, you got blood stains on you too. You don't look any better" su ying said and a small blush appeared on Jiang's face.

"Say, do you want to go back to my place?" Su ying asked , uncertain. The system had said to take the boy home so, he had to, maybe the boy could be of great help to him in the future.

The boy snapped his head up almost getting a whiplash, his eyes were wide with fear and uncertainties.

"Where do you stay?" The boy asked.

"Um.......well....I live with the general, general Xue Feng" su ying said, a slight almost invisible blush slowly crawled it's way onto his cheek.

"You mean the general xue Feng?" He asked, his mouth hung open.