02 DEATH

2

I stared at the man in front of me.

He stared back at me.

We stared at each other.

I blinked.

He blinked.

A single tear slid down my cheeks.

He also let the same tear slip out and down his cheeks too.

I was staring at myself in the mirror.

I knew it was going to be like this but still i felt bad and I felt really hurt at the memory. There was really nothing I could do just stare at my sad self in front of the mirror and cry silently at how sad and unfair this world was.

(Flashback)
"well, I am so sorry to say this but....you won't be getting the job as you lack almost all the basic requirements for the post."

The man in a red suit said to me, his tone almost made me think he actually was sorry but I knew better than that, I knew that he was only faking it. I had been to various work places and had received the same response so I knew. Still it hurt.

"um.....ok. thanks alot for your time" I said and bowed my head, stood up turned and left the office.

Another day gone and still no luck. Well, I somehow expected it but still having that same response shoved into my face for the seventh time today was not going to leave a good feeling behind.

In the end, I could only trudge home with my head low and my feet killing me from walking all around town and places today.

I saw the bus that was going to take me home but I really didn't want to get on the bus, I just decided to stroll home. Even with my feet killing me, I couldn't afford to waste anymore money as I was almost through my remaining money.

What else could I do.

(End of flashback)

Now all I could do was stare at myself in the mirror.
I looked around my small room apartment, it had the very basic and essential things needed in a room, a small bed and an almost torn to bits mattress, with a work out bedsheet, a reading table and a chair, my small wall mirror, a bathroom and toilet, a wardrobe that contained my many few belongings, and my resume that sat sadly on my table. A wall shelf that held my books that I cherished so much.

I had nothing.

I was an orphan for as long as I could remember. I was in an orphanage for about ten years before I was told to find jobs to keep me at the school where we learnt. After a while, I was sent out of the orphanage their excuse being that I was already to old to stay in the orphanage.

I had to live in the streets and tried really hard to provide myself with money to at least further my education. At first it was almost impossible as I was smaller than most kids my age, it was hard to get a tangible job. I worked really hard and saved every single dine I made using very little to nothing to eat. I was malnourished and weak, until I met an old cafe owner that told me the only reason he let me work for him was because of my face. It hurt that he only wanted my face but if I got good pay out of it, then why was I complaining.

He helped me when a job and good pay in return I gave him my face, it was a win-win.

I attended school for a while and hit the bottle neck, higher education. I couldn't futher myself as the old man had died and his cafe was given to his useless grandson, I lost my job and had to quit school, it was hard to get jobs again and pay my house fees and school fees and still feed myself....I.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I couldn't continue thinking like this, I shook my head and wiped my tears out.

'I'll try again tomorrow' I said.

If only he knew that he would never have a tomorrow to try again, he would have beat his old self for thinking that.

"It is so sad"

"He was always alone, not saying a word to anyone and just plain quite"

"He didn't even have any relative"

"Thus is very sad, indeed"

I stared at myself again but this time, I was looking at my body that was laying in a pool of blood I saw my body lying motionless in a pool of red liquid with my skull open and blood still sleeping out like it had been looking for ways to escape their prison for a long time.....at the rate the blood seeped out, I was sure to dry out at the end of the day.

I was really sad, I was in my night wear, that was now wet with blood, my eyes were still open staring at nothing, no life in it at all.

The voices I was hearing were of the people that had raised to my apartment when they heard the sound of my fall, the lady had screamed really loud and called the neighbors to see and that was how my death was discovered.

The police and paramedics were swarming the apartment.

"That is indeed a sad death" a voice said to my left and I jumped.
I looked to see a small or medium sized light bulb, floating as a screen floated in front of it.

"huh"

"Your death, I mean. To die like that must have been painful" it said

I nodded, I have always been a quite person, never having anything to say, so I only just nodded or replied in monosyllabic words.

"Your name?"

"Huh?"

"Your name?" it repeated. Turning to face me.

I looked at the transparent screen, saw my name there and looked at him.

"Of course, I see your name, but protocol demands that you say it"

Oh!

"Su ying" I said looking away.

"Ah!" the light ball said seeming to only having heard the name for the first time.

"I suppose it was also protocol demanding" su ying thought.

He looked at his dead body, he felt really sad and heartbroken but what could he do, his body was being whisked away by the paramedics as needed actions were being taken.

"I couldn't even try again tomorrow" he thought sadly and he was enveloped in a warm light like a blanked wrapping around him gently into an eternal sleep.

This world truly was unfair to him.

~~~~~~~~~
What do you think will be the next move?

There first chapter done. ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Finally.

So this is how it's going to be, I dunno my update mode and how long the chapters will be. I make up the novel as I go, so hopefully, it'll be to your liking.

Also, thank you. ( ˘ ³˘)♥