Chapter 19

After hours of trying to fall asleep, tossing and turning to no avail, Yuchan had given up on rest entirely at this point. His thoughts continued to consume him, and he couldn't shut them up. Gazing out the window at the relentlessly glowing city lights, the delinquent just let his mind run free.

Why does he keep lying to me...? He's so defensive.

Am I wrong to keep pushing it? Maybe I should back off a bit...

What am I doing wrong?

Unable to control himself, Chan turned over on the bed again, letting his gaze travel to the back of Donghun's head. The man lying beside Yuchan was still bundled up, now sleeping peacefully. Chan's eyebrows furrowed, and he gave the back of his therapist's head a puzzled look, continuing to dig through his thoughts for answers.

He admitted he was into me... what's holding him back?

The delinquent squinted his eyes a little, and eventually, a thought hit him.

Yuchan had been brought to Donghun as a troublemaker—someone with little to no empathy for others—a self-interested, rule-breaking reckless teenager—and he'd presented himself as such. Chan frowned to himself as he made this realization.

Could it be that he still doesn't trust me?

Continuing to let his gaze travel up and down the sleeping brunette, the younger guy began to regret his actions. He didn't realize they'd have such dire consequences for him later on—when he actually began to show interest.

Maybe an apology wasn't enough.

Sighing to himself, Yuchan reached a hand up carefully to the psychologist's head, and began to lightly run his fingers through his soft russet hair. For a minute or two, Chan just wondered to himself about his options—what he could do in order to fix his reputation with the psychologist. Suddenly, a soft smile began to crawl across his lips, and he slowly pulled his hand back. He had an answer.

Carefully, Yuchan pushed himself up and began to crawl over Donghun. He placed one hand over the brunette, making sure not to touch him. His knee followed a moment later, and just as he swung it over the psychologist, he felt it bump against Donghun's body. Almost immediately, the older man stirred. He opened his eyes a little to see Chan towering over him, and confusion set in immediately. Rubbing his eyes with one hand, Donghun questioned the delinquent.

"What are you doing...?"

"Shh." Yuchan continued to climb off the bed, pressing one finger to Donghun's lips to hush him. "I'm just going to the bathroom. Go back to sleep."

After Chan had managed to find his footing, Donghun decided to watch him for a moment longer, to make sure he was doing exactly what he said. When he saw the delinquent actually enter the bathroom, the psychologist relaxed. He turned over to get comfortable again, readjusting the bedsheets.

When he entered the bathroom, Yuchan decided he should probably just do as he'd said, since he found he wasn't being entirely dishonest to Donghun. After pulling the pale blue curtain shut, Chan did his thing, making sure to wash his hands after he was finished. A moment later he re-emerged from the room, and immediately walked over to the dining table.

Now... where did he leave it?

He began sifting through some things on the table, but when he did, his hand brushed against something fuzzy. Looking up to see what he touched, Chan noticed Hae lying on top of his yellow sweatshirt where Donghun had moved it earlier, staring up at the delinquent accusingly. Upon further examination, he noticed something underneath the sweatshirt's sleeve. Hae thumped her fluffy tail on it a couple of times.