Chapter 15

Tapping his fingers nervously on the vinyl lunch table top, Yuchan held his phone out in front of his face, watching carefully to see if it would light up. For the millionth time today, he pressed the power button on its side to check the lock screen for any notifications the phone may have failed to give the delinquent, but there was nothing important there. Chan frowned, a little disheartened, and crossed his arms across the table, putting his head down in between them.

Days had passed since the conversation Yuchan had with Donghun over the phone, and not once did the psychologist decide to contact him. He knew it was a stretch, and it was more than likely nothing would show up, but he couldn't help himself. He'd been obsessed with his phone ever since, checking it every five minutes to see if Donghun wanted to talk to him, and keeping it on his person at all times. The phone hadn't ever received such careful treatment until now.

Yuchan had skipped eating lunch entirely today. Anxiety wracked his body and he couldn't control it, and he'd been afraid he wouldn't be able to keep down anything he ate. Saturday had been haunting his thoughts, and he had no idea what to expect going in today. Part of him even wondered whether Donghun would decide to show up or not.

Thoughts surrounding him from all angles, Chan let out a feeble groan at the stress, moving both his arms to cover his head. Almost as if on cue, someone had started to approach the table, sitting down across from the student.

"Hey, sorry I'm late today, Channie. I was actually pretty busy in the office for once." Byeongkwan twittered, his mannerisms easily recognizable to Chan. The delinquent didn't even have to look up at him, and just hummed in response.

"It's fine. Not a problem." Yuchan mumbled, muffled by the arms covering his head. He just continued to lay across the lunch table, not having the energy to get up. Byeongkwan just raised an eyebrow at the strange behavior, getting the impression something was bothering his friend.

"You alright?" The blonde's tone softened, and he tilted his head to the side as he watched the delinquent slowly uncover his head with his arms. Yuchan planted both of his hands firmly against the table, and slowly pushed himself upright.

"I'm fine. I'm just really goddamn nervous." Yuchan sighed, shoving his phone in his back pocket. Byeongkwan studied the delinquent's face for a moment, before shaking his head.

"Nervous? You? I find that hard to believe." Byeongkwan scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. An unconvinced smirk appeared on his lips. However, Yuchan didn't respond, and just rolled his eyes, ignoring the statement. Slowly, Byeongkwan began to realize that his friend was serious. His impish grin faded, and was replaced by a genuine look of concern. "You're serious? What's making you nervous?"

"Donghun. I'm nervous to go talk to him today. So nervous it's making me sick." Yuchan frowned, his eyes unfocused, staring off in a random direction. Byeongkwan paused for a moment, waiting to see if Chan would continue, and sighed when he was sure he wasn't.

"Chan," Byeongkwan began, sympathizing with the younger guy. "You're a handsome young man, and a very charismatic one at that. There should be no reason he wouldn't be into y—"

"I'm well aware of that." Chan stayed firmly, cutting his friend off. "My ego isn't the problem here. It's... well... something I guess I neglected to tell you this weekend."

Interest piqued, Byeongkwan ignored the fact Yuchan had cut him off, and just raised an eyebrow at him. Waiting for him to continue, he began to twirl one of his blonde braids with his index finger. Chan watched the guy twirl his hair for a second, before finding the courage to continue.

"I... may or may not have broken into Donghun's car on Saturday."

"I—" Byeongkwan began, eyes widening considerably. To say he was shocked by what he just heard would be an understatement. Yuchan had been known to do some crazy and rather questionable things in the past, but stalking someone seemed out of character for him. "Yuchan, what the hell? I told you to pursue him, not stalk him... what— what in the actual hell made you decide to do that? Doesn't he live like hours away from here? How did you even—? It's just... it's—"