Chapter 11

Donghun lightly held onto Yuchan's bicep as he tentatively led the drunk down the trails in the direction he thought they had come from. More than once he had taken the wrong trail, and found himself at a dead end deep into a snowy, unforgivingly cold forest. Eventually, however, he managed to find his way out, and could see the back of the school peeking out from behind the last of the trees.

I'm just happy we didn't get caught out here...

How am I supposed to get to the front of the school without being seen?

"Hey, Yuchan?"

"Mm?" The delinquent looked nonchalantly to his left at the man clinging to his arm and hummed at him in response. His cool, usually steady gaze had become dull and unfocused—and heavily bloodshot. Whiskey was thick on his breath, and his footsteps had been unsteady the entire way back to the lot.

"You said you were going home with a friend. I would think they're driving, right? Do you know where their car is?" Donghun could only hope what he'd said sounded coherent enough for the drunk student to understand. Chan just giggled in return, and reached over with his free arm to the psychologist's head, where he began to ruffle his russet hair. Startled, Donghun couldn't manage to stifle his complaint. "Ahh!"

"In the parking lot with the other cars." The delinquent continued to laugh, finding his home a lot funnier than he should have. Donghun pushed his hand away from his hair, and frowned at the response he got.

"I'm serious, where did your friend park? What does the car look like?" While he spoke, Donghun watched his surroundings carefully, making sure there wasn't anybody around before he cautiously began to guide Yuchan out of the cover of the forest, back out into the open.

"It's silver—and a car, not like one of those mom vans, or a truck." Chan mumbled, and began to gaze off in a random direction, eyes glazed over. His answers were incoherent, and barely made any sense. Donghun sighed in frustration with the student, and just decided he'd lead him around the parking lot until they found his friend's car—he could only assume Chan would be able to point it out.

"Okay, okay." Donghun shook his head and hastily crossed the street in front of the school to get to the parking lot. There were possibly hundreds of silver cars—this could take awhile. "If you see it, tell me, okay? I don't have much time."

"'Ight." Chan nodded a couple times, and began to gaze sleepily between all the cars in the parking lot. His vision was altered, and it was difficult for the student to pick out any kind of detail.

With the lack of awareness between both guys, it was taking far too long to locate the vehicle, and Donghun was starting to get impatient. The anxiety threatened to creep up and take a hold of the psychologist, but he tried his best to keep it down even with the lack of control from the alcohol in him.

How much longer?

"Hey!" As if on cue, Chan's face lit up a moment later, and he pulled his arm free of Donghun's grasp to wave enthusiastically at a man sitting on top of a silver car. Another man with faded green hair standing beside it turned his attention to the drunk guy now running up towards the car. Donghun chased after him, trying to make sure he would be okay. "Byeongkwan!"

The younger guy turned his head to see his delinquent friend greeting him overly warmly, and waved back at him cautiously. It only took him a second to notice the brunette in a mess, stumbling up to the car behind him. A million questions entered Byeongkwan's mind at once, and it only showed in a confused expression that appeared on his face. He remained silent, waiting for the situation to play out on its own. Sehyoon reacted similarly, but rather than confusion on his face, it was concern.