Chapter Ten

Theo's first year at Queens wasn't so bad after all.  She became very good friends with Emily and Sarah and she quickly learned what their personalities were like. Emily was like her, quiet and good in school. She was the most soft spoken of all of them and simultaneously the mother and the pet. 

          This was a stark contrast to her sister. Sarah's mischievous nature, stubborn will and fiery temper were as bright as her flaming hair. She had her good points though and was fiercely loyal and protective of friends and family alike. 

             All winter long they went to classes together and whispered in their dorm together. they walked along the river talking and paying no attention to the boys playing cricket on the lawn. when it snowed they went on sleighing parties with their Philip and his friends. 

       Before they knew it Christmas had come and Theo, Thea, Angie ,the twins and the Hamilton's adopted daughter, Fanny Antill were all sitting in a circle on the floor of Angie and Fanny's room discussing the Nativity scene that all the children were planning for the Hamilton's Christmas party.

             The Hamilton's did one every year and this year Theo was finally allowed to go because Thea and the twins were coming and Aaron Burr wanted his daughter to be respectable even if he didn't like Alexander Hamilton. 

 "You and Philip have to be Mary and Joseph" said Fanny,"your the tallest".

 "Only if Thea and the twins  are the three wise men" Theo said laughing 

"We want to be in it too" said three indignant voices. Alex and James came in holding John's  hands. All the girls groaned. 

"Little brothers" said Elizabeth "I'm lucky I only have two".

 "Yeah" chorused the twins "we have three!"

"What if you and James were shepherds?" Theo said 

"Can Martin and Rob be shepherds too? they asked 

Theo groaned as she thought of Sarah and Emily's nine and seven year old brothers. 

"I guess" she said 

"Wait" said Alex just as they planned to leave. 

"What now?" said Thea shooing them away 

"We need sheep." Alex said 

"I be a sheep" said John 

"fine fine" said Angie 

"But we need more then one sheep" said James "can Henry and Tommy and Al be sheep?

Sarah looked horrified at the thought of two, three and five year old boys tripping over sets 

"They can if you make sure that they don't mess anything up" said Philip coming in to shoo his brothers out. 

"Now leave us be" said Fanny. Finally the little boys left

 "What have we gotten ourselves into?" asked Philip

"Don't look at me" said Theo "they aren't my brothers".

 "Don't fight" said Emily "were going to have six little boys running around on Christmas so we just have to deal with it. Plus Thea's little sister to be the angel". 

            At least that should go smoothly thought Theo, Lily was a blue eyed ,yellow haired and easy going six year old 

but still that's a lot of kids.