Part 1, Chapter One

1790

  THEODOSIA SR   POV

"Mother Its going to rain, can we please go home now?" 

" No dear, I'm not finished buying the material for your new school dress".

"But Mother, from the way those clouds in the north are spreading I think we only have about fifteen minutes before were caught in a..."

"Theodosia Burr!"

 It was times like this that Theodosia Sr wished her husband Aaron had not been so steadfast on their daughter being as educated as she was, Theodosia Jr or (Theo as everyone called her so as not to be confused with her mother) was only seven years old and was the definition of a know it all. She wasn't rude and she didn't brag, but her father had made sure she had the best tutors and education a girl could have, and Theo (who loved reading) didn't have a lot of friends and instead talked about all of her studies to her parents which wasn't very helpful when aforesaid parent was trying to finish buying the material for Theo's two new school dresses and it was about to rain. 

"Mother"

"Theo" said her mother trying not to lose her patience. "Why don't you go and find a stall you can stand under in case it does rain". "Just don't go far and come back in about ten minutes alright?"

"All right Mother" said Theo as she scurried off.