The Hole

The Hole is a story that I came up with in 4th grade. I have written a slightly extended version, also. And I may make a book about it.

     There was a family of five that lived in a small house at the edge of the forest. The family was made up of the mother and father, two sons, and one daughter. The daughter loved to play in the woods. She would go and pick berries and flowers every day. The daughter would go out after lunch and return for dinner. But one day, she didn't return.

     The parents were very worried about their daughter. The next morning the parents sent out the second oldest son to find their daughter. The son did not return that day.

     The next morning, the parents were worried sick. They sent out their eldest son to look for their other two children. Once again, the son did not return.

     The parents were now very scared and worried for their children. They sent out to find their children. They wondered the woods before coming to a clearing. In the middle of the clearing, there was a hole. The home was big enough that both of the parents could lay down and fit inside. The parents took a few steps forward and were hit with an awful stench. Both adults covered their noses and puked. They ran away from the hole to get help.

   Later that day the parents brought two police with them to the hole. One of the police went towards the home and puked from the stench. But he kept going. When the man was a few feet away from the hole, a long slimy tail shot up from the hole. It was dark green and covered in nasty slime. The tail wrapped around the policeman, and pulled him inside the hole. The parents and the other policeman then ran away as fast as they could.

    The parents of the children moved out of their house near the woods and into the town. The mayor built a big fence surrounding the front part of the woods. Now people could no longer go into the woods ever again.

AN: I hope you liked this story. When I was in fourth grade I also made an extention of this story. I thought of maybe making it into a book on here. The story would be from the point of view of the parents' son more than ten years later. Do you think I should?

The Master Fangirl,
Yasmine