jethro gets sick

jessica woke up to the sound of her alarm going off. she got up quietly so she wouldn't wake up jethro. she looked at him and smiled "i sure am lucky to have him in my life." jessica kissed jethro's forehead and pulled the covers up a little bit so jethro wouldn't be cold. she took a nice warm shower and got ready for the day. jessica walked into the kitchen and made a pot of coffee. she looked at the clock "i need to go wake jethro up so we won't be late." she walked into their room and sat on the edge of the bed where jethro lay sleeping. jethro dear, it's time for you to get up and get ready. i don't want to jess. i know you don't sweetheart but you have to, otherwise we will be late for your follow up appointment with doctor camden. my head and my throat hurt, i don't want to get up. i'm sorry sweetheart, you can go back to sleep when we get home. okay, if i must. jethro sat up and sighed. jessica held her hand to jethro's forehead. you don't have a fever, does anything else hurt? no, just my head and throat. i'm sorry sweetheart. it's okay, no need to be sorry jess. what time is my appointment again? it's at 8:30. jethro hugged jess, i love you jess. i love you too jethro. go take a warm shower, that'll help your headache a little bit. jethro got up and went to go take a shower. jess went to the living room and watched diagnosis murder. after jethro was done with his shower, he walked into the living room where jess was, he sat next to jess and laid his head on her shoulder. jess lifted her arm to wrap it around jethro. we don't have to leave for ten more minutes. i'm sorry if i sounded like a jerk this morning jess. it's okay jethro, i completely understand. after ten minutes had passed, jess looked at jethro. and saw him sleeping. jethro, sweetheart it's time to go to your appointment. jethro got up and headed to the car and turned on the radio to his favorite country music station. his favorite blake shelton song came on and he started singing to honey bee. jessica got in the car and started driving. jessica started singing to honey bee, jethro jumped. i was so caught up in the song that i didn't notice you get in the car. jessica laughed, it's okay, it made me smile. jethro held jessica's hand, i'm glad to have made you smile. jessica and jethro arrived at doctor camden's office. while they were in the waiting room, jethro hummed to the song that was playing. a nurse walked out and called him back. while they were waiting for doctor camden, jethro turned to jessica and smiled. what's got you in a happy mood sweetheart? i was just thinking about how lucky i am to have met you. i wouldn't want it any other way jethro. doctor camden came in. how is your shoulder jethro? it's getting bettter, it didn't hurt this morning when i got up. that's a good thing. have you been taking your pain medication as needed? yes ma'am, if i don't then jess reminds me to do so. that's great. i've been changing his dressing as needed. he did say that when he woke up this morning that he had a headache and sore throat. okay, i'll take a look. after doctor camden was done examining jethro's throat and gun shot wound, she wrote a prescription for jethro. it looks like you have an upper respiratory infection jethro. i'll see you in two weeks for your next follow up appointment. after they left doctor camden's office, jessica and jethro stopped by the pharmacy to get jethro's medicine, they headed home. when they got home jethro dialed ducky's number.
hey duck
hello jethro, how are you feeling?
my shoulder doesn't hurt as bad as it did in the beginning, i do however have an upper respiratory infection.
i'm sorry jethro, i hope you get to feeling better soon.
thanks duck, how is the team?
they are ready for you to return, they are still looking for a lead on the case but so far they haven't found one.
i'll be back tomorrow, how are you duck?
i'm alright, i'll see you tomorrow.
bye duck, love you.
love you too jethro.
jethro sat on the couch and watched magnum p.i. jessica sat next to jethro, is there anything in particular that you want for dinner? shrimp alfredo sounds good. how are you feeling? i'm feeling better than i did this morning. jessica kissed jethro. resting her forehead against her husband's, i love you jethro. i love you too jess, if we stay like this dinner won't get cooked. i suppose you are right, but it's the small moments like this that warm my heart. mine too, let's go cook dinner. while they were cooking dinner jessica turned on her spotify app, and played her mamma mia playlist. jethro turned and looked at his beautiful wife who was busy stirring the alfredo noodles and smiled. "today may not have started off as the best day but i can make the end of the day wonderful." jessica was in the middle of checking on the shrimp when she heard jethro singing dancing queen. i didn't know you are a fan of mamma mia jethro. neither did i until i saw both of the movies and listened to all of the songs. jessica took the noodles out and drained the water, she then took the shrimp out and poured it into the bowl of noodles and poured the sauce in and stirred it until it was mixed well. jessica and jethro sat down and had a wonderful dinner. after dinner was done jessica and jethro cleaned the dishes and put them away. jessica sat in the living room watching the night time news when all of a sudden she heard the song the git up by blanco brown come on. may i have this dance jess? of course jethro. while they were dancing, jethro kissed his beautiful wife. resting his head against jessica's, jethro smiled lovingly at jessica. you sure are pretty jess. thank you jethro, i think you sure are handsome. when the song was over, jethro hugged jessica. i love you jethro. i love you too jess. jethro kissed jessica's forehead, i'll be right back. jethro went down to the basement and grabbed the present he got for jessica. he walked to where jessica was and handed her the gift. jessica opened it and smiled. it was a picture of her and jethro on their wedding day. thank you jethro, i love it. i'm glad you like it. when did you find the time to do this? i did it yesterday when you were asleep. jessica put the picture on the fireplace mantle. are you okay jethro? i'm okay, i'm just tired. jessica walked over to jethro and hugged him. you should get some sleep jethro. "yes mom", jessica laughed, come on jethro. when jethro was in bed he fell fast asleep dreaming of the day he met jessica.

i hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. suggestions are welcome but please don't be rude when commenting.
-anna