Chapter 7 | Awake

Chapter 7

Katara's POV.

    Once we reached the village all of our stomachs were rumbling out of hunger, last night I didn't get to see the village so when we got there I finally got a good look. It wasn't at all a rich town, it reminded me of the village in the fire nation and the painted lady. Most of the houses were made of wood or stone and a few shopping stands were scattered around. I followed Sokka and Kinto over to a small stand labeled Meats, I was honestly not surprised. A lady was working there, she had shiny black hair and was wearing an apron. "We'll take five fish please." Sokka said, setting down a few coins. She nodded her head and bent down to grab the fish. "Of course, I haven't seen you two ever where are you from?" The lady asked. I was about to respond but Kinto nudged me from behind, I turned around to look at her, she shook her head telling me to lie about where we were from. " We are from a village pretty far north from here." She didn't respond but she handed Sokka the fish and we started walking away. "Why didn't you want us to tell her where were from?" I asked. "Don't you remember some people here are probably connected to the new nation, if they find out we're here with the Avatar we could be in trouble." Kinto said, quickly jogging away. "Slow down." Sokka said as he tried to catch up to Kinto and I. "Sorry it's just my Nana is probably furious with me, I don't want her to know I'm back in town." Kinto responded. We walked back to the watchtower as fast as possible because I was still really worried about Aang.

    Once we got back the tower we were meant with a blood curdling scream, It was Aang. I ran up the tower as fast as I could up the stairs and to the top. "Whats going on!" I screamed looking around. Aang was stirring around and Zuko was sitting down next to him trying to calm him. I immediately ran over to them grabbing Aang's hand and trying to calm him. "Aang its okay I'm right here dont worry everythings going to be alright, ugh I shouldn't have left!" "What happened?" I asked Zuko. "I'm not sure, I was sitting down and he just started screaming!" Zuko replied with a frantic tone in his voice. I kept trying to calm him down by talking to him and squeezing his hand. "Katara stop please stop!" He screamed. "What, what?" "I think he's dreaming." Zuko said. Why would he be screaming telling me to stop if he was dreaming, what was I doing to him?  Sokka and Kinto came over to us out of breath from running. "What's going on?" Sokka asked. "We don't know he just started screaming, I think he's dreaming." Zuko said as he turned to Sokka. I couldn't handle this anymore. I wrapped myself around him, grabbing his head and shushing him. All of a sudden he stopped, I continued to hug him, he started to stir and finally he lifted his hand to rub his eyes.

Aang's POV.

    Finally it was all over, I woke up to Katara giving me a hug, her hand wrapped around my head and face laying on my shoulder. I lifted my hands to rub my eyes, and get a better look at where I was. I then wrapped my arms around Katara in a tight embrace rubbing her back as I heard her softly crying. We sat there for a few minutes as the rest of the group stayed silent, and suddenly Katara got up and stared down at me and I got to see her amazing smile spread across her face. "Hey." I said looking up at her. "Hi." She said, wiping tears from under her eyes. I tried to get up but an intense pain spiked through my back causing me to lay back down. "Wait, lay back down I'll get you something to drink!" Katara said urgently searching around. I was thankful the dream was over but the wander thought was still in the back of my mind, what if those weren't just dreams, what if they were future visions. The thought sent shivers down my spine as I thought of Katara bloodbending me once more. "Where are we?" I asked. "We're in an old watchtower not far from the village, I came here all the time to avoid my controlling Nana." Kinto responded looking out the window. Katara walked back over to me with a small glass of water in her hands, She handed it to me as I tried to drink the water without sitting up too far. As I drank the water a few small droplets fell onto my shirt as I continued drinking, the whole time Katara was staring intently down at me, fear in her eyes. "Is everything alright sweetie?" I asked after taking the last sip and setting down the glass beside me. "It's just, I was really worried you started screaming, not just a normal scream it was a bloodcurdling scream and then you started telling me to stop hurting you." Katara said not even making eye contact. "I think it's time I tell you all about the nightmares I've been having." This caught everyone's attention as they all centered all their attention on me. "The first nightmare I was being held captive by men with crown badges, like the badge the man who shot Appa had on, Katara was also there chained over a ravine, the second nightmare I was still chained up but Katara was standing next to the guards, not helping just standing there smirking, and the last dream I had when I was asleep just now, this time Katara was waking me up, I was still chained up but Katara wasn't you told me that they just threw you in for no reason. Then a man came in the room and started saying that this was my end, then he told Katara to end me after saying it a second time you got up and walked over to stand next to him, then he said it one more time, Katara end the Avatar then you started to bloodbend me, it felt like my insides were being crushed and slowly the energy fading from inside me."  I looked up at the rest of the group to see their shocked and paironied faces, Katara held her hand over her mouth and was staring directly at the wall. "Katara, are you okay?" I asked, reaching out to hold her hand. Katara quickly stepped back almost tripping on the bag behind her, she stood up fear in her eyes. "Katara whats wrong?" I asked, reaching out farther ignoring the consent pain in my back. "What if those weren't dreams, what if they were visions, you know weird Avatar stuff!" Sokka exclaimed. "Dude not helping." Zuko said, nudging Sokka's shoulder and pointing to the frigentend Katara. "We need to make a move." I announced looking around at everyone with a serious look on my face.