14. Good night

SO I STARTED WRITING A NEW FANFICTION IF YOU WANT TO CHECK IT OUT. ^~^

Mavis Pov.

After that whole day things started to calm down thankfully. I finally knew everything. What I wanted to know so badly. And I understand. But what still strikes me is, this feeling inside. After the finding out that Zeref had committed a crime in the past, shouldn't the bubbly stupid feeling stop? I shouldn't be thinking so much about him, or getting so nervous!

I'm confused. I guess I have to start facing the facts huh? Start asking the hard questions. Do I like Zeref? Like, like-like him?

Just then my mom entered my room. I looked up at her. She seemed like her usual happy self. That's good. I'm still in trouble for walking home late, and I have a feeling she wants to talk about what's up with me.

"Hello there." She sat on the end of my bed.

"Hey! So what's up?" I asked, sitting up from my messed up flop on my bed.

"Well I wanted to tell you about this weekend." She said.

"Oh? What's going on this weekend?" I questioned.

"Your father and I are going to visit your great aunt Laurie. She's been getting sick a lot lately so we wanted to check up on her. But since she does live far away we're going to be gone for about four days." She tells me, "do you think you can handle that?"

"Oh, well-" I hate being home alone. I hate it! I always get super paranoid, not during the day. Nope. But at night my mind goes to a mess if I'm all alone in my house. I freak out. Mom knows this too.

"I know, I know. But you can invite some friends to stay the night with you. That could be fun right?" She gave her convincing little smile, "I'll even let that friend Zeref of yours stay over. Won't tell your father either."

I gave a small glare while blushing. "I already told you it's not like that." Although it'd be... I sort of imagined what it'd be like to tell my parents if I ever ended up dating Zeref.

"Ok. Ok. I'm sorry. But there's no need to worry. You'll be fine."
...

My parents left on Friday before I went to school. I talked to Zeref about everything.... Now that he is my only friend. So thankfully he understood my situation, and agreed to stay over night with me.

I was waiting by his locker as he was getting his things.

"You know, we should probably try not to miss the bus. Seeing as walking does take awhile." He suggests, teasing me. I pouted. Yeah, yeah. I have a habit of missing the bus, whatever. Being early is just to overdone.

"We will, the bus doesn't leave too early." I said rather nonchalantly. I didn't mind if I had to walk home with him. I enjoyed his company... A lot. The more time with him really wouldn't bug me.

"Ok, I got my stuff. Let's get going out." Zeref smiled, I smiled back. He checked his watch and his eyes widened.

"What is it?" I asked, intrigued by his shocked expression.

"It's late." He said. Oh, his watch is behind. Which means, we're behind. Crap.

We both start running out of the building, checking to see if the bus was still in the schoolyard. We sighed, relieved as it was still there.

We went to take seats around the front, they were the only ones left. People already claimed the back.

"You know it's weird. Out of all the things your afraid of, it's the dark." He said, fidgeting with his long fingers.