7. Just thinking and talking. Its nice

Zeref Pov.
It's not unusual for my mind to be filled with thoughts during the day. But at night, it's like everything starts to tick a little faster. My mind becomes like wild fire, with different memories and ideas springing out of no where.

My thoughts are rather split in half at the moment with the few odd ones. Half of my mind is thinking and worrying about past events... Things that happened with my family. Things I never want to talk about. Things I still haven't truly faced or want to. And the other half seems to be filled with that tiny blonde fluff ball Mavis. She's such a quirky little dork. But, a cute quirky little dork. On top of that, she's innocent. That's why I have to avoid her. I'm like the night, full of darkness with hardly any light to be seen. Where many things hide, and danger is bound to lurk. While Mavis is like the day. Full of life and bright as can be. Busy and always ongoing. We clash severely, so I know I should stay away. Only, a part of me, really doesn't want to.

Mavis Pov.

Night is usually the time where people fall asleep and dream of multiple things or so. But for me, night is where I lay on my bed and think. Constantly. For hours straight. And while it's no question I'm going to think of school it's not the centre of attention at the moment. My mind is focusing on Zeref.

He's confusing me so much!!! Is he my friend or not my friend? That is the question. I try to be nice to him, but that only makes him push me away. When I don't even try he gets really nice and stuff. But if I don't try sometimes he won't talk to me. Why can't he just give me straight head on answer. Because, gee, I really want one. Soon hopefully. Please! Something.

Ugh, I roll onto my stomach and sigh. I. Am. So. Confused! This is just, meh. I don't like this many mis signals. Sure I like a little mystery, but this ones driving me insane. I tried to get explanations out of Lucy, Erza, Levy, and Juvia. They all didn't reply. Well... Hmpfh.

Zeref Pov.

Morning came to my attention a bit to quickly. I got like, what? 3 hours of sleep. I'm exhausted. But that's nothing new. Honestly I'm tired of multiple thing for multiple reasons. What is today, a Wednesday? So that means I'll have.... PE. Great. That's probably the worst class in humanity. It's not like I'm particularly weak physical wise, so I don't hate it because of that. I hate it because so many things require teamwork and sportsmanship. Stuff I don't do well with. Anything that requires me to talk to people might as well be dead to me. I heaved a sigh and looked at my alarm clock. I guess I should get going.

Mavis Pov.

It's Wednesday huh? I'm good with that. Most of my classes are with friends on that day! I know I'll at least get to see Levy and Erza. I decided to just put all my questions out of my head for now. I'll figure out when the time is right. I won't rush it. That's the conclusion I came to last night.

As I went to the bathroom I tried to put my long fluffy hair into a ponytail but, my hair really doesn't like to be put up. I guess I'll just let it flow free. Like always.

I got out of my house to catch the bus. No more being late for me! I was going to be organized as can be. Sure I'm a little messy but goals are goals! I'll still achieve them. So I sprinted out the door, hurried to the bus stop, and waited once again. Oh yeah, I'm staying on top of things.

It really didn't take long for the bus to come rolling around the corner. As usual it comes to a smooth stop, and I climb aboard. I can see that today Juvia is not sitting with anybody, so Gray's not here today huh? Poor Juvia. That must disappoint her. But who should I sit with today? I have a feeling Zeref will be at the back of the bus, but I don't know if he'd want to talk to me after what happened. Maybe he'll think I'm avoiding him though if I don't. Oh decisions...

"Could you please hurry up dear. we need to keep moving." The bus driver tells me urgently. Oh, right.

I stop thinking and just sit next to Zeref. It doesn't matter really. I mean, I'm just sitting down.

"Hey!" I grinned at him. He looks at me, like he doesn't know quite what to do.

"You really don't understand 'leave me alone' do you?" He asked, sounding nonchalant. I gave a tiny giggle.

"No, I really don't." I replied brightly. He shrugged.

"Well, then I guess there's really no point in me trying." His words take me by surprise. Did he really just say that? Seriously? Does that mean he won't be all cold towards me now? He'll just accept my presence? I hope so!

"No, there isn't." I laughed, "but you could make an effort of talking to me more. Because I love having conversations with you."

"It's not like I'm that interesting." He said, a light pink glow in his cheeks. "But you probably already have your own opinion on me."

"Yep! Your actually a kind person you just won't admit it. And you also enjoy my company, you just won't admit that either. Plus you have a thing for silence and darkness. Seem accurate enough?" I asked, smirking.

"Wow, aren't you observant." He said rolling his eyes jokingly, "and I wouldn't go as far to say I actually enjoy your presence."

"Hey! Don't lie! You know it too!" I poked his shoulder gently.

"Sure Mavis, sure." Oh great. He's sarcastic. I should of expected this much. I pouted, knowing I probably had the appearance of a little girl who didn't get a lollipop from the candy shop. But it doesn't really matter. I'm starting to have an average conversation with him. Sure he isn't smiling and laughing, but he's not being so stiff and frozen cold personality wise right now. I like it. I like this.