Chapter 6

Cassie's POV

I leaned against the door. Watching the tow truck people hook up a shiny car. Craig and Nathan were standing a little ways away from it, talking. And I was watching for my parents who were due home any minute now.

"Cassie! Come here!" Nathan yelled and I sighed and complied.

"What?" I breathed out and looked up at him. He was taller then me, so was Craig, and the Easter bunny, but I'm pretty sure I'm taller then Santa Claus.

"Just want to talk to you before your parents come home." Nathan told me with a shrug, his eyes sparkling.

"Talk about what?" I asked slowly as I watched the people run around frantic and troubled around the car.

"Anything. Everything." Craig shrugged.

"Wasn't asking you, dipwad." I glared.

"Oooh bitchy still. I like 'em feisty." Craig chuckled making me gag.

"Thats nice. Hitting on a defenseless girl." I mocked and then a familiar car pulled in.

"Fuck.." I groaned as I watched them stumble out of the car.

"Who are they?" Craig asked, walking up beside me.

"My 'parents'." I said, putting emphasis on the word.

"Adopted?" Craig asked me.

I sighed and nodded, then looked at him.

"Fuck off." I growled and walked away, towards my parents.

"Who...who..are these people in my yard?" My 'dad' asked me with a slur.

"They needed a tow. I called a truck, they were just leaving." I said hollowly. Waiting for their response. My 'dad' looked over at them and then back at me.

"Oh. Well. Thats nice of you." He said, making himself look less drunk and more fatherlike.

A lousy thing to do in my book.

"Uh...Yea." Nathan drawled and looked at me and shrugged.

"Okay. Already to go Mr. Mabbitt." The worker guy said to Craig.

"Yea Mabbitt. Leave." I growled with hate.

"Oh believe me. I am." He said and got into Nathans car. Once they were gone I slowly turned to the demons.

"Get inside. Now." My dad yelled. I ran inside and half way up the steps before someone grabbed my ankle and pulled me down. I fell and hit my head against the wood stairs and landed on my back on the floor, looking up shocked at my adopted fathers face.

"What did we tell you about having people over?" He yelled in my face, his breath smelling strongly of beer and whisky.

"Im sorry." I learned awhile ago that the best thing to do was to apologize first.

"Its too late for that." He growled and kicked me harshly in the stomach. I cried out when his foot came into contact with me. It carried on like this for 30 minutes, him hitting and kicking me.

Once he was done, he spit on me and walked away. Revealing my 'mom' standing in the doorway with a glass of what looks like rum, watching.

"So much for trying hard, huh?" I said through searing pain and stood up painfully.

I turned my back on her and walked upstairs. Im done with this family.

Im just done.

Avery's POV