chapter 53: Secrecy

"have you heard of this rumor? *Shijima of the art room* she was very talented at drawing, but her family was opposed to her continuing on the path of art so in order to chase her dreams, she decided to kill herself. and now her ghost still haunts that art room." Shijima looked at Yashiro "it's all so stupid right?" they looked at the girl in the bed "there's no point in fiction" Shijima walked into the room "Shijima, what are you..." Shijima took out the knife from her uniform "*what?* granting my wish naturally, but I have one wish." she raised the blade over her head "to kill Shijima Mei..." she lowered the blade quickly "there's nothing else to it!" Yashiro ran over and tackled #4 "STOP IT!" the girls started wrestling for the knife while the girl on the bed twitched and grabbed her beeper. "would you kindly refrain from getting in my way?.." "stop it! you're not allowed to kill her!" Shijima pushed her off "this has nothing to do with you" the button was pushed and dark shadows of nurses filled the room and grabbed #4 and Yashiro "well, this is rather unsightly is it not?" #4 struck the shadows while Yashiro was grabbed by a human hand "here, this way" Yashiro ran away and left Shijima to fend for herself and when all the shadows were gone, she was alone "oh my, what shame it seems she's gotten away"

down the hall Yashiro with the girl who was on the bed, they stopped around a corner "ah, that scared me..." the girl from the bed sat down "well.. a somewhat sus person did enter my room, without thinking I pressed the nurse call button... are you okay?" Yashiro was getting her breathing under control and nodded "I'm fine but..." she looked down at the girl who was measuring her ankles "what're you doing down there?"  the girl had had a measuring tape "30... ehh 35.. these are normal ankles?" she looked closer "what an amazing amount of thickness, perhaps you're related to elephants?" Yashiro started walking "what are you talking about?" the girl followed her "c'mon show me closer~" Yashiro pushed her off but stopped and stared at her "wait, are you... Shijima while she was alive?" the girl smiled "yes, that's right I'm Shijima" Yashiro went to the wall and slammed her head against it "HEY, be careful!" Shijima held her hand "by the way, what're you doing here?" Yashiro was still recovering from the hit "to be frank, I don't know where *here* is and I gotta get back soon." Shijima helped her up the stairs "so you're lost? if that's the case, would you like me to lead you to the exit?" Yashiro smiled brightly "I would love that!" Shijima turned around to face her and put both her hands on Yashiro's "but, only if you'll hear out my wish." Shijima had a very cheeky face on "then I'll help you" Yashiro gulped 

they went to the cafeteria and had pancakes ordered, "oh my gosh they look so yummy, pancakes really are the best don't you think Nene?" Yashiro nodded but looked away "um, Shijima-" "please call me Mei, it gets confusing for the readers" [wink] "Mei, this is your wish?" Mei nodded and ate more "so GOOD! Nene, you want some too? open wide!" she had a piece of a pancake on her fork, Yashiro didn't go for it, she thought of her situation "Nene, it's going to get cold, you know!" Yashiro was unsure "here' just one bite" Yashiro nommed it off the fork "it's yummy" Yashiro had more "hehe!" Mei giggled "all of those pancake calories are going straight to your ankles!" Yashiro gave her a death glare "W-why do you have to say something so mean?" they kept eating until they had a very unexpected guest "I heard you guys were having delicious pancakes, may I have some?" the boy had brown hair and a black mask with red-tinted lenses "sure! come on sit." he took a chair and sat down taking his mask off "I can't eat with it on, you see." he didn't smile though "hey..." Yashiro spoke up "what's your name?" the stranger in black almost choked "I'm Crow..." he kept eating his pancakes "sooo Crow, how did you get here?" Crow didn't answer and just gave them the finger and ate more pancakes "how rude." Crow left soon after, leaving Yashiro and Mei alone in the dark cafeteria "the poor girl... how sad..." the shadows whispered as Yashiro and Mei sat digesting their meals "ahh, that was good! it's been a while since I've eaten pancakes with a friend. thank you for spending time with me! I had so much fun! " Yashiro was just happy it didn't end like the tea party "um, do you actually know the way to get out of here?" Mei smiled "yes, of course! I also must return soon" Yashiro was interested "hm?" Mei put down her tea "you see... I'm in the midst of drawing a picture, I'm enrolled in an art course and we were tasked with something." Yashiro shrugged "oh, an art course is where you go if you want to expand your class choices in that direction." Yashiro took another sip of her tea "so, you're going to an art school?" Mei nodded "yes! even my parents are rooting for me, so I gotta do my best!" Yashiro's eyes widened thinking about the rumor and knowing that's not the same. the shadows returned but all they did was whisper and mutter "what is this? Mei-" "Nene, all the students completed artwork will be hung in the art room, my drawing once I'm done and it's been submitted." Mei looked at her with caring and innocent eyes "would you come and look at it then?" the shadow's whispers grew louder "impossible... truly impossible oh, how terrible. that girl, she's still drawing but, it's such a severe illness. recently all she does is sleep, she seldom even eats any of her food!" the shadows became one and showed a single nurse "that girl is going to die soon" the nurse looked right at Yashiro before disappearing "really, it's all so stupid, right?" Mei held her arms tightly "there's no point in rumors, after all..." Mei smiled "I know he will come to save me."