Chapter 5

Jiang Cheng stared at the youth's face in utter shock. He knew that this kid was a Jin, but he thought that he's a son of Jin GuangShan and not Jin Zixuan and his Jie!

"And...i don't really want to go home." His head dropped down and Jiang Cheng felt pity.

"Why not stay at your friends' place?" He asked. Although he seems to know the reason.

"The parents of my friends knows my parents. And mom and dad also knows that I'll go straight to them so-" his sentence was cut off with his phone ringing.

"Sorry. I gotta take this call." He said and looked at the caller's ID before sighing.

"Speak of the devil. Here comes Lan Jingyi." He sighed before answering the call.

"Hey, where are you?" Jingyi asked and Jin Ling just straight replied, "At my house. Why?"

"So, the bench in the sidewalks of the streets your house now?" Jin Ling choked at his saliva and looked around until he spotted a black car parked a few miles away from the bench.

"What the-?!" He excused hiself from Jiang Cheng and ran to the black car but the car suddenly turned up and drove to their direction.

"Holy shi-" "Is that you friend, kid?" Jin Ling sighed annoyingly and nodded.

The car pulled up infront of them and a young lad dressed in blue t-shirt tucked in a pants and some high cut shoes went out and pat Jin Ling's back.

"Yooo. How's my favourite young mistress doing?" He exclaimed and earned a grunt instead.

"What do you want? Better question, what are you doing here?" Jin Ling asked and the Lan huffed.

"The roads are yours or somethin'? Me and dad were on our way back home from having a night out but we saw you so we thought to say hi!" And right on cue, a taller and older Lan submerged from the car and smiled at the young Jin.

"Good evening Jin Ling." He said in the warmest voice Jiang Cheng has ever heard. The man's eyes darted it's way to Jiang Cheng they greeted each other with a simple nod.

"How 'bout you? What are you doing out here in the middle of the night wiht- Oh! It's mister kind waiter!" Lan Jingyi squealed in joy and stood in front of Jiang Cheng and bowed his head.

"Thanks for taking care of us the other day!" Jiang Cheng smiled and waved his hand in the air.

"It's nothing, it's nothing." Lan Jingyi gave him a big grin and went to have a conversation with his friend again.

The two boys distanced themselves from the two adults prior to Jin Ling's request. Well, more on like the Jin dragged the Lan away.

Jiang Cheng watched as the boys have their conversation and how his just-found-out-nephew's face turned sour and seemed heavier which gave him a pang in his own heart. His sister, Jiang Yanli, who was so kind and gentle, could bear to ignore her own child like this? It was nearly impossible as the lady Jiang's attention was carefully divided among his brothers before when he was still a teen. Ok, maybe not that carefully divided. He only gets atleast 1/4 og her attention but atleast she was still caring for him. But why the child?

"Excuse me, may i sit next to you?" A warm voice tore down his train of thoughts as he looked up at Lan Xichen who was smiling at him warmly.

"Ah, why of course, you may." He straightened his posture who was earlier leaning as the Lan sat down with grace.

"I see that young master Jin has seeked comfort through you." Lan Xichen's words confused the Jiang and Jiang Cheng didn't hold back his question "What could you mean about that?"