Chapter 2: Exploring the house

Chapter 2 

                                                                       - Exploring the house -

"Nice place, Tamy!" said Alexandra admiring Tamara's house.

The exterior walls were light yellow, almost cream. The roof was dark red, the reason why the walls appeared so light-coloured.

Tamara pulled out her keys from her pocket and opened the door with a soft click. The inside was the same colour as the outside.

The girls left their shoes in a small chest in the hallway, where they also left their jackets, safe in the closet that was there.

Tamara then proceeded to give them a full tour of the house. In the hallway there was another door, other than the one towards the living room, that, Tamara explained, led to the garage, for they left the car outside, not in the garage.

The living room was beautifully decorated with white wood furniture. The wall on the right side from the door was taken by a big plasma T.V. Two slim and tall cabinets, one in each corner, and a long table-like board beginning in one corner and ending in the other, took the rest of the wall and the board held the T.V. and a few nice decorations, and even some old toys that were pretty much in a good shape, of which Alexandra took notice.

"So kawaii! You have toys put here as decorations." she gestured to them.

"Haha, yes, indeed." Tamara smiled. "You see, these are some of my most beloved toys. For example," she pointed to a red car that looked suspiciously familiar, " this is the first car that I didn't destroy because of it's colour or shape. I used to play with it so much I'm surprised it has yet to fall to pieces " she laughed.

"Isn't it dangerous, leaving them like this, with no protection?" asked Ioana emotionlessly, staring at the toys.

"No, not really. I don't get many, if any, visitors, just my father, from time to time." She explained. Tamara had came here four years ago, when her parents divorced, and her father took her with him, for a better future, without a heartless woman for a mother. "Plus, the people here are really nice and quiet. They wouldn't steal some old used toys" she added.

"Hm"

Tamara then started with the tour again, and told them a little bit more about the room.

"The fireplace there still works. I usually start the fire when it's winter and I get the rare occasion to be visited by a neighbour. The fireplace was beside the door the girls came from. "I turn on the ceiling fan when it's really hot. There," she pointed to the large glass doors that were covered by white semi-transparent curtains, where a small coffe table, two loveseats and another sofa, one being in front of the T.V., were. They were all white and gave off a calm, home-y feeling, "is where my guests usually sit. I too choose to stay there when reading or doing homework. You can put your things here." 

The girls left their luggage there, when: "Hee, how fluffy!" Ale said. She was rubbing her toes in the big, white and fluffy carpet underneath the sofa and the loveseats. Another one was under the other sofa, that was in front of the T.V., in the middle of the room. 

Tamy laughed and Ioana's eyes warmed with amusement at her friend's childish behaviour, but her face remained passive.

The living room was connected to the kitchen and bathroom, while a smaller hallway led to the dining room. The kitchen was quite spacious, fully-equiped and a bar disconnected the rest of the boards and shelves from the smaller space where a small round table for 6 was.

The dining room was connected to the kitchen and inside stood a big, massive, brown, 12-person table. The chairs had their seats covered by cloth. The walls were a light brown, two small windows showing the orange light of the setting sun.

"Huh, guess we've really lost track of time." Ale observed. 

"It does seem so." Tamy agreed. "Well, I'll show you the attic - ya'll see the guest rooms, there's no need for me to show 'em to ya - and then dinner. What do ya say?" Tamy suggested grinning

"Yes!" the other girl yelled, while Ioana just gave a nod.

They went back into the living room where the stairs where. They went up and another small hallway connected all the rooms.

"That one there," Tamy pointed to her right, at the door on the wall she was next to, she still, at the top of the stairs, not in the hallway like the other 2, "is mine. The other 3 feel free to choose which one you want" There was another door right in front of Tamy's room, and there were two others on the left mirroring the first two. The small hallway started in the left side and ended in the right one, where, between the master bedroom and the empty guest room, was another stairway.

They stepped into the attic and Tamara gestured to the storage room, on the right, and on the left was another room.

"Okay, this " Tamara waved to the door "is a surprise. It's for you, Ioana, and Mary, who you said will arrive later this week." she smiled nervous and slowly opened the door.