Chapter 4: Mornin' Happenings

Chapter 4 

                                                            - Mornin' Happenings -

The sun rose and illuminated the bedroom, the cream walls giving a warm and peaceful feeling. Dark brown furniture decorated the room, a big double door wardrobe close to the door, on the right side of the room, a hard, sturdy, desktop, along with a chair, a few shelves above, on the other. The 2-person bed was between the wardrobe and the wall opposite the door, on the left side of it was a small night table and a door leading to the joined bathroom.

The bed, being right next to the window, was the first to be touched by the pale yellow light of the morning, and so was the figure in the bed.

The girl sat up and stretched, yawning. She, then, looked at her phone that rested on the night table. It read 08:00. She yawned again. Ioana rose from the bed and searched through her luggage for some clean clothes. She found them, and some towels and just as she was about to go in the bathroom, she heard loud thud from the room next to her's.

She frowned and left her things on the bed and went to check. The girl exited the room and heard the door in front of the one from where the sound came. It was Tamy.

"Mornin'." she greeted. "What was that?" she asked.

"I don't know. I was just going to check." Ioana answered. If Tamy came from the room opposite the one with the bang, then that meant the other one was Ale's.

Ioana put her hand on the door knob and let it down slowly. Inside... Ale, who fell from the bed, and still slept as if nothing had happened.

"Pfff, this girl..." Tamy tried to contain her giggles, but with difficulty.

"She's incredible... And, it's not the first time it happens, either." Ioana, who was used to this, managed to suppress her amused chuckles. She didn't want to wake up her friend so early, so she let her amusement show only in her eyes.

Tamy only now noticed that Ioana wasn't dressed for the day yet and said:

"How about you go change and I go prepare something for us to eat?" She had woken up earlier than Ioana and already changed. She was wearing a sleeveless orange shirt, with long, black sport pants.

"Okay, then. I'll wake her up and let her change too." she suggested.

"Perfect!" and with that Tamy went downstairs.

Ioana turned and faced the still sleeping girl on the floor.

"Ale..., Ale. Ale! Wake up!" she sighed and tried something else: she lifted her foot and started pocking the short haired girl in the ribs. At first carefully, then with more force.

When she got no reaction - other than Ale turning her back to her - she felt her temper rise. Everyone knew not to make her angry, especially in the morning. Everyone's day could be ruined by the one that made her angry, her attitude more than dangerous, but down right scary. "Okay, I've had enough." She took the poor soon-to-be victim of her temper by the collar of her shirt and started shaking her. "Wake up, woman!" "I want to go and take a good, long, shower and change into better clothes for the day!" she shouted in the girl's face, but to no use... That left only one other option. The last one she had that she could use right now, as there was only one other but she needed more supplies.

"Okay, if that's how you want it..." she put the girl down on the floor and took a deep breath. She put her hands on her hips and she bent down. "Ale~... the food is waiting~" then... the only warning Ioana got was the girl opening her eyes. Then Ale sat up as if burned and Ioana rose immediately, avoiding being hit only by millimeters. Such a rapid movement would have made her dizzy, but she lifted herself with such ease, you could see that she had a lot of practice. She will never forget how much her head hurt after being hit by the stone-hard skull of her best friend.