Chapter 18

Scarlett's P.O.V

"Just send me the links and I'll pick one. And I'm sure Cade's mom won't mind helping out either. When I see her on Monday I'll be sure to ask though," I said to Jen as we finalized what we would be doing for Sarah's birthday party.

"Okay honey, you just let me know," replied Jen.

"I will don't worry," I said. "Tell Dad and Sarah that I love and miss them," I added.

"Will do,'' Jen said as we hung up.

As I headed to the kitchen to make myself a sandwich, I overthought the plans we had already made, I felt as if something was missing. It's been 8 months since I've known my dad and his new family and we've all gotten along great. I wanted to make sure that Sarah's birthday party was perfect.

"Hello, gorgeous," Cade said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"I didn't even hear you come in," I said, a bit startled. "How was work?" I asked.

"I hated every minute of it I was supposed to be off today but instead my ass of a boss decided that on our 6 month anniversary, it would be the best idea to make me work," he replied slightly frustrated.

"Baby, it's okay you have your responsibilities and I have mine," I said in an effort to calm him down a bit.

"But we were supposed to spend the whole day together. It's not like we'll get another 6 month anniversary. These things only happen once and my dick of a boss had to ruin it. I just really missed you today," he said with a sigh as he nuzzled into the crook of my neck.

"And I miss you too. We still have the rest of the day together though. Maybe we could watch a movie and order some food? You know I don't like making a big deal out of these things," I said.

"Nonsense. It's our six-month anniversary. If you think I didn't plan anything then you are mistaken. Go put on that fancy red dress I bought you the other day. I will be back in 45 minutes," he said.

"And what if I don't?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't go there if I were you. Forty-five minutes," he said, smacking my ass as he turned to leave.

"What's happening in forty-five minutes?" I called out.

"You'll see! Now go get your pretty little ass ready and I'll be back soon," he said as he quickly ran back and kissed me once more, and walked out my apartment door.

Standing in my kitchen still confused, I head to my bedroom and take out the red dress and black heels that match them perfectly. Setting aside some jewelry and deciding how I'd do my hair, I headed to the shower to get myself ready for whatever Cade had planned. As I got out of the shower I slightly curled my hair so that it wasn't in its typical straightened state.

I can't believe it's already been 6 months, I think to myself. Man has time flown.

As I put on my dress and heels and put on the earrings and necklace I have set aside I patiently wait for Cade to come back and give myself a once-over in the mirror.

"Are you ready?" Cade called through the door.

"Yes, I am," I said as I quickly grabbed my purse and met him outside my apartment door.

"You look absolutely beautiful," Cade said as his eyes took me in.

"And you look absolutely handsome," I replied giving him a kiss.

"Let's go," he said "We wouldn't want to be late,"

As we got to his truck, I was still wondering where the hell we were going but Cade didn't give in and didn't tell me. After an excruciatingly long 30 minutes, we finally pull up to a fancy expensive Italian restaurant called Giando's on the Water.