Chapter 8

Derek's POV

I'm on my way to talk with April on my idea to ask out Meredith and even if it's a good idea. I asked a nurse and she said she was in the OR and will be out shortly.

While waiting I see Addison walk pass with Mark laughing they were holding hands and then she stops walking.

I go up to them and ask if they need help. Addison's face was blank and she says, "My water just broke." I looked at Mark and said "I'll go get a wheelchair, congrats dude you're going to be a dad."

He looks at my all smiley, and say "thanks I really appreciate it." Addison then says "Ok now that you two have kissed and made up can I get a wheelchair?"

I say "yeah, right, sorry I forgot about that." I grab a wheelchair and hand it to them and Mark wheels her to OB. And just perfect timing April comes out from surgery, I walk up to her.

She turns and says, "Dr. Shepherd, what can I do for you?" I say "Your best friends with Meredith and I came to ask for advice." She had a look of mischievousness and says "Of course I can help."

April's POV

Dr. Shepherd came up to me and asked me for advice about Meredith and asking her out. I wanted to be a good friend because lately I haven't. So to even out my bad decisions I gave him really good advice.

But then it was in my head Alex hadn't spoken to me because he still wanted to get back with Meredith. But if I told him what I just learned maybe he'll talk to me, maybe even take me out on a date.

I left after Shepherd said "Thank you, this really helped." And start to try and find Alex. Once I found him in a supply closet, crying, I told him the news. His tears streaming down his face quickly went away and turned into rage.

He got up and left, running, he didn't even give me a chance to talk to him and show him that he needs to be with me.

Alex's POV

April told me everything that Dr. Shepherd told her. The night at the bar, what happened after, even the fact that he had the nerve to ask her out on a date.

All I wanted to do is put his head through a wall and make sure he doesn't see the light of day ever again.

Once I found him, he said "Dr. Karev I didn't know you were on my service." I then said "I'm not and neither is Meredith don't go near her, understand?" And with that I clenched my fist and punched him so hard that my knuckle started to throb.

He didn't fall to the floor, sadly he just moved back with the blow of my fist in his face. He asked me, "What the hell Karev, what was that for?" I just looked at him and said "For sleeping with my girlfriend and then trying to take her out on a date!"

I then put another clenched fist in his face. Shepherd looks agitated at this point and we just start going at it in the middle of the lobby.

The only thing that broke us up was Owen who took Shepherd off of me cause I underestimated his strength. Once we got up, Dr. Grey (Ellis) said "In my office, now." In a tone you knew that she wasn't messing around in.