7

work: Two Princes
writer: SheWritesDirty
platform: ao3
chapters: 2/? (as of 2/17/2021)
rating: mature
tags: 90s AU, grunge Billy, skateboarding, hargrove has lesbian moms, enemies to friends to lovers, slow burn, Billy plays guitar

summary: Steve's parents were controlling. They wanted him to graduate his final year of high school, get into a good college (despite his grades being tragically bad) and marry a cute girl. Maybe someone like Nancy. Problem was, Steve didn't really want to do any of that... and he was sick of his parents trying to plan every aspect of his life for him.

So when he tells Nancy he wants to rebel just once... before graduation, and really stick it to his parents — she cooks up a plan that honestly has no chance of working. How is Steve supposed to put up with Billy Hargrove, resident loser, skateboarding asshole with a penchant for violence and a massively bad attitude... just long enough to fake a friendship, that his parents would absolutely disprove of?

And what happens when... things don't exactly go according to plan?

my comment: FUCK !!!!! I LOVE THIS !!! you guys have no idea how many times I've thought about writing a harringrove fanfic based on the Two Princes song- uhmmmmm like a straight month and i'm so glad someone stepped up to the plate to write one. AMEN.

i cannot stress how good this is. just everything. like did you read the tags ? hello ?? the writing is nice. not too much, not too little. perfect. lovely. the dialogue got that good good 90s angst shit.
holy fuck i live for shit like this.

ALSO !!! 90s AU !!!! like are you serious. all my favorite things combined and it's just UGH if this story was a person, i would marry it.

and the story was just posted a week ago and the most recent update was today or yesterday i believe (02/16/2021) so like updates are frequent.

ugh pls read this !!! i'm begging you.