3

work: Words Left Unsaid
writer: lemonlovely
platform: ao3
chapters: 29/100 (as of 6/1/2020)
rating: Explicit
tags: Slow Af Burn, Enemies to Friends to Lovers
summary: When he gets drugged at a party with Steve, his absence at home lands Billy in trouble with his old man. The next night, a call from Max drags Steve back into the circus at the Hargrove Household, trying to help.

After that, a tentative truce of sorts forms between the two Kings of Hawkins, along with a shaky friendship built around ferrying kids around town.

But they're soon reminded that the world is full of monsters, both human and...not. The Upside Down isn't done trying to break into our world.
link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/14251422/chapters/32865825

my comment: the complete opposite of any kind of au. this fic has the perfect balance of plot and steve + billy's relationship. i am literally in love with this. it is so realistic and raw.

this fic is post season 2 so it includes things like easter and prom and all that fun stuff that happened before the summer of 85' haha. and i love it. i think this fic fills in that (time) gap so nicely and just .. *chefs kiss*

the writing !! is so good !! it is ,, so detailed and thorough, it literally couldn't be any better than it already is i'm not kidding. fair warning, the chapters are hefty and long. if you're like me, and you get impatient and start skipping through stuff just to see the action, please don't. i think i binged about ,, 13 chapters in one day and i kind of regret that. let yourself read all the chapters thoroughly and have complete focus and give all your attention to it because every part is so important. every sentence, every paragraph, every piece of well-constructed dialogue. you get pov from billy and steve. this fic really made me appreciate and love the characters even more.

and yes ! 29/100 chapters. :')
i would wait a lifetime.
there is no update schedule as of now, but if you decide to read, pls leave nice encouraging comments ! that always helps and trust me it brightens the author's day and makes them more motivated.
i will come back to update this anytime i notice a new chapter has been posted.

please take the time to read this beautiful fic, you will not regret it xx