2

work: city lights lay out before us
writer: silverygalaxy
platform: archive of our own (ao3)
chapters: 9
rating: M
tags: AU -no upside down, slow burn, sharing clothes
summary:
"I said, c'mere, Harrington," Billy repeats, eyeing Steve like it's a challenge.

Steve doesn't lose challenges.

-

Steve has been wandering through the woods at night for months, earning him the not-so-coveted title of Hawkins' resident nutcase. By the time Billy Hargrove rolls into town with his stupid car and his come try me attitude, Steve is sorely lacking sleep and the ability to make friends above the age of thirteen.

Billy doesn't seem to care.
link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/19344334/chapters/46019638

my comment: i f-ing love this fic ! it's definitely a slow burn but so sweet and wholesome. i've re-read it about 3 times already :') it just really gets to me.
i love how steve's character is portrayed. so traumatized and sensitive and i love that it's just so realistic. the PTSD and anxiety he endured through the fic is so well described, i can truly understand how he feels and i can imagine it so vividly. incredible !
billy's character is my favorite ! i love when writers can alter the characters but still 100% make it feel like.. the character. i hate when that gets changed drastically because i love billy and steve's characters; i feel like they're so unique and special -their personalities and just the way they talk. i value that. in this fic, billy is a bit more soft but only towards steve. and the writer also made billy like,, a good student, which means he helped steve with school stuff and those parts in the fic are just so intimate and sweet. overall, during this fic i never felt like billy wasn't actually billy, if you know what i mean. i love it ! i'm a sap for this billy and i want more of him !
please read this and let me know what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also most of these will be from ao3 bc that's where i've found some of my favorite harringrove fics but if there's one on here that you find enjoyable or like then let me know and i'll give it a try :) i would love getting recommendations from other people