Chapter 7: "scheming face"

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ : cussing, trauma, wound, and shouting

(My new favorite song: prom queen beach bunny)

Author POV:

One thing Blair hargreeves always knew was her and her siblings were different. Their powers made them unlike any normal person, keeping them from having an average life. She remember seeing children eating ice cream and holding their parents hands in parks. While she had spent her childhood training and fighting.

She could never decide weither her powers were a curse or some type of extraordinary gift that gave her the opportunity to help people. Either way it was the idea her siblings were the only ones who could do these things, the only hero's to walk the earth. It made her feel lonely, but powerful in way that no one could ever hurt her.

Maybe that's why she was so shocked and scared to know there were others like her. People who were better, people who had been trained their whole life to control their powers. She felt her heart rate speed up and her fingers shake. It had been a couple hours since five had told them about what he had saw.

The siblings had spent the time drilling there asshole of a brother with questions that he mostly couldn't answer, responding with mostly eye rolls and sarcastic, insulting comments. Blair was loosing her patience sitting on the floor holding her stitched up arm, her head still pounding from hitting the floor.

The only sibling not present was Luther who seemed to disappear after the fight and vanya. The 16 year girl slowly tapped her fingers on the floor wondering if her sister was okay. She tried to listen to the important details five gave out.

So far they had learned the commission took these people and killed their family's trying to cover up their existence. They had been training them to be put into the field, securing time lines. Making a powerful group of soldiers whipped of their own humanity.

"Blair!" She heard her name called for the first time staring up at fives annoyed expression. "If you tap your fingers one more time I will snap them off" he declared with his murderess dark brown eyes staring at me. Being her normal prideful self Blair begins tapping her fingers faster and louder against the hard wood floor.

"I'd like to see you try" she replies as they both stand up at the same time. There siblings roll their eyes, something they commonly do, but espially when the two fight. They stare into each others eyes, gaze never wavering. Blair could feel her hands clenching at her sides making half moon marks on her soft palms.

Five opens his mouth to say something, but his lips pause when the front door creaks. Both teens turn standing in a defensive position when Vanya and walks in. Blair immediately softens running into her closest sisters arms. Vanya instantly returns the hug arms tightening around so that Blair can barely breath.

"You shouldn't be here" Diego mutters making vanya drop her arms. Her eyes stare at the floor in an attempt to not show how much the remark hurt. Growing up she has always been the black sheep of the family, the forgotten one.

It was worse after she wrote her book. Vanya hadn't wrote it to hurt anyone, she just wanted to tell her story. For once she wanted someone to listen to her, to know her name. In the end she was shunned from not only her father, but her siblings and the only one who was willing to forgive her was Blair. The rest went on pretending they were somehow better then her.

Blair's temper would not allow them to continue doing this even if Vanya would. "She's apart of our family Diego of course she should be here" Blair defended giving the knife thrower a strong glare. "No Diego's right she could have been killed earlier" Allison pipes in. "She only gets in the way don't take it personally Vanya" five adds with a bored tone.

Again the youngest sister opens her mouth to defend vanya before quickly getting interrupted. "Fine you guys don't want me here, I just thought after Reginald died you might stop acting like your powers make you superior to me, but I guess family means nothing to you" vanya snapped stomping out of the room. The floors creak under the pressure.

"Vanya wai-" Blair begins before she hears the door slam shut. Tears prick at her eyes from the harsh words the rest of her siblings had said to vanya. She turns back facing them with a scowl "you guys always seem to find a way to make her feel bad about herself don't you?" She shouts before rushing off to her room.

The one thing she needed was a goodnights rest so that she could handle her siblings idiot comments tomorrow when they would begin building a plan. "She's being emotional ignore it" five says to the rest of the siblings before quickly following the 16 year old up the stairs.

Five was never close with any of his siblings mostly because he time jumped to a future where they were dead, but also because of his lack of shown emotions. With Blair it seemed easy to show a constant emotion of hatred, but right now he needed her. Blair was like the glue of the family being the most empathetic and kind one.

Sure she could be a complete strong willed and a stupid person, but most of the time she wasn't that bad. That's why five was chasing Blair to her small room, to get her to help him with this plan now. Usually five was selfish, but he wanted to help these people and stop them from becoming a army that could ultimately be the end of the world.

When five got to Blair's room he didn't bother to knock just walking straight in. He saw the girl searching through her suitcase, wildly throwing clothes around the room. "We need to talk about Vanya," Five states as Blair begins picking up shampoo bottles off the floor ignoring his existence. His eyes trail around the room searching for some reminder of their childhood, then again they grew up to fast to have one. After a long moment of five looking around her room and Blair picking clothes off her floor she finally responded, "go ahead then talk".

Five had no idea what to say that wouldn't make Blair angry. He seemed to trigger her so easily. The boy began twisting the words around in his head before he finally opened his mouth to speak. "I know vanya means a lot to you, but she doesn't have powers and therefore a liability" he explains.

Blair doesn't take a moment to respond. She has had this conversation many times before. "So because she doesn't have powers you get to treat her like she's less human?" She says with a questioning face while zipping up her suitcase. It makes a loud annoying sound as five ponders on her words.

"Of course fucking not Blair, but she can't protect herself, it's better she knows nothing so that she doesn't try" he finally says with slight aggression. His brown eyes pierce through hers in way that she has to accept his statement.

"Whatever. I know the only reason you came here was to talk about a plan or our therefore lack of. You said you had that file of that doctor?" Blair questions slowly forming a plan in her head. She could feel her fingers tapping at her side which helped her focus. "Yeah I do it's in the van I think" five says while staring at Blair. She was making a expression that reminded him of a somewhat "scheming face".(reference to six of crows book)

After a moment Blair's eyes snap away from his staring at the dark brown door. Her hands finally coming to a stop at her sides.

"Let's pay this woman a visit"

☽☽☽

"Do not underestimate
the fire within her,
for she will burn
your perception
to the ground"

☽☽☽

————————————————————————

Hey guys! I finally found the time to write this. It's more of a filler chapter, but with some flair (five+Blair) moments. Tell what you guys think in the comments!✨ 
Love,
  The author ❤️