Chapter Eight

Theodore was in the middle of researching on the types of beasts that could have possibly done the attack at Inverness and the other magical communities in Scotland when Harry came to the reserve. It was the middle of the night, and with Carina still in Sinora – since she still has not come to the reserve as they agreed to help each other in the search – he would be continuing his search alone. His reading was disrupted by his parents' portrait telling him of someone knocking on his office door, tired, he didn't bother to move from where he stood and just called out "come in!". The doors opened and Harry Potter came with a couple his Aurors.

"Why does it always look like you're going to arrest me with that excessive number of Aurors following you around?" Theodore yawned as he went to grab another of Romulus' special sweets to keep him up all night.

"Theodore, Drumnadrochit was attacked," Harry began.

Theodore woke upon hearing the news, he turned to Harry and with a wave of a hand shut the door and the curtains of his office. It slightly made Harry's Aurors jump.

"Casualties?" Theodore asked.

"Still counting," Harry then reached into his pocket and took out a vial. "This is a memory from one of my Aurors that was stationed at Drumnadrochit and saw the attack."

"You mean."

"Yes, the creature was seen."

"Accio pipe," Theodore cast and from the mess due to the research, Carina's magical pipe came to his hand. A device his wife made to teach Astronomy in a microscopic view, but in his and the Ministry's case, they use it in a Pensieve kind. "Drop the memory here."

Harry opened the vial and poured the memory into the pipe. Theodore then breathed in three times before he blew out the smoke across the room, and from the smoke the memory started to form.

"What time was this?" Theodore asked.

"Just this afternoon – everything is in chaos – the Prophet is crucifying the Ministry, the Anti-Magic rallyist are blaming witches and wizards on this," Harry said. "Hermione needs to know what is causing this now."

"That's exactly what we're doing," Theodore said as he watched the scene.

The first few minutes were quiet. A peaceful afternoon at the community, but suddenly from the distance, an explosion happened. People were running, Aurors helping with evacuation, locals running to the nearest Apparition point and portkey, and then there were the Aurors who were trying to control the beast. The unstable, and uncontrollable dark force that would burst out when attacking, leaving nothing but destruction.

"That's impossible," Harry head Theodore and Nott say in a whisper.

"Why, what is it?" Harry asked.

"Whose memory is this?" Theodore asked in a commanding tone.

The Auror raised his hand.

"Are you sure about this?" Theodore pointed to the dark entity that was rampaging at the community. "Of what you saw?"

"Yes, I am," the Auror said. "But what is it?"

"Theodore do you know what that is?!" Harry asked.

"I do, but it's impossible – it's an Obscurus," Theodore answered.

"A what?"

"An Obscurus," Theodore repeated. "It's a manifestation of the repressed magic of a child born with magical blood... it's created when the child attempts or is forced to repress their magical abilities or were forced to do so through physical or psychological abuse."