Chapter 12

Wei Ying didn't know what was wrong. When she called their name that's when they turned around but their gaze was still off to the side. Wei Ying frowned and looked at Lan Xichen in confusion. Lan Xichen only shrugged her shoulders. 

Wei Ying used her communication array to speak with Lan Xichen "you know. Are they blushing because I showed my leg?. Have they never seen a woman naked before?." Wei Ying learned Xichen screech loudly in her mind which was heard by Wei Ying "Huiqing! Shameless. It might be possible."

Just then loud noise made everyone alerted. They turned to see the Teacup and a plate filled with food was scared and a Qiankun pouch laid between them moving violently. Wei Ying and Lan Xichen took their flute and started playing Rest. But this didn't stop the ghost arm that had been put in the Qiankun pouch. Lan Zhan took his Guqin and started playing as Wei Ying and Lan Xichen joined him. 

Once they had finished playing the Qiankun pouch had calmed down as it became motionless. Jiang Cheng asked "What was that? It was calm just a few minutes ago." 

Lan Zhan replied "It's because of the curse mark. It reacted to the curse mark on Quan-Jiejie and Wei Ying." Lan Xichen and Wei Ying looked at the curse mark they transferred from Sizhui's leg. Jiang Cheng "Does that mean that one of the body parts of this ghost arm lies in the Nie Sect saber hall?." Lan Zhan hummed in agreement. 

-----

The Next Morning all four of them left the inn to make their way to Nie Sect saber hall. When they entered the castle they saw Sect Leader Nie ordering his discipline to fix the broken wall. Nie Huaisang turned around when he heard the footsteps. 

Wei Ying saw a half of the bricks had been placed and the bodies were put back inside the wall. Nie Huaisang suddenly became nervous when he saw them "Sect Leader Lan..? What can I do for you?" 

Wei Ying spoke with her voice filled with empathy "We apologize for the inconvenience but you might have to rebuild the wall later"

"What" Nie huaisang exclaimed as he willed his sweat away.

Lan Zhan didn't waste a second and strode towards the wall as he unsheathed Bichen and slashed the wall making the brinks break into pieces and fall. 

Nie Huaisang watched the work they did get broken into pieces. Jiang Cheng made his way towards the wall and started removing the corpses out from the wall. As Lan Zhan explained the situation to Nie Huaisang.

Nie Huaisang told them it would be impossible as the Nie Sect uses sabers which made all 4 of them realize the big mistake they had made. 

Lan Xichen took the Qiankun bag so that the ghost arm would tell them. As soon as its Qiankun bag was pulled out and moved over the corpse, suddenly it's resentful energy intensified.

Wei Ying frowned a little as Lan Xichen questioned "the resentful energy of the ghost arm intensified. Does that mean somebody part of this corpse doesn't belong to the corpse but it belongs to the ghost arm?" When others heard this Wei Ying said "We need to remove their clothes and see, maybe we will find what we are looking for?". 

Nie Huaisang looked at everything quietly as he felt his soul leave his body and felt like his ancestors would kill him for this. Lan Zhan said, " I will do it." Lan Zhan took bichen to remove the corpse's robe. When the robes were cut they saw that the legs were not of the corpse it was sewed together. 

Nie Huaisang was speechless and didn't know what to do. Jiang Cheng questioned Nie Huaisang with a frown "Who put those corpses here?." Nie Huaisang replied "the past Sect Leaders chose the corpse and stormed them here. My Dage passed away 6 years ago. He also did this but he didn't have enough so I used to help him. I kept the corpse which was still intact here. Other than that I don't know anything. 

Jiang Cheng said with his fingers rubbing his forehead "That means it would be impossible for someone outside to come in here and do it." 

"Not impossible if the corpse was changed before it came inside the castle," Lan Xichen told everyone loudly, which explained to everyone that the corpse was changed from outside.  

Lan Xichen turned towards Nie Huaisang and bowed "Sect Leader, We will trouble you with another matter, Can we look at the saber that's kept inside the coffin." Nie Huaisang wanted to protest but saw the other 3 people also bow to him and didn't have a choice but to order his disciples to open the coffin. 

After looking at the saber when Lan Zhan told them that one saber was missing and that was Baxia. Baxia waa the saber of former Sect Leader Nie Mingjue, Nie Huaisang's older brother's saber. 

They suspected that the ghost arm was none other than Nie Huaisang's older brother who wanted to die as a whole and was searching for his remaining body parts. 

Soon they left the castle after taking the legs and putting them in the Qiankun bag.  And continued their journey following where the ghost arm had pointed the direction to them was southwest.

_____

As they walked Wei Ying kept talking about the ghost arm. It was 2 different possibility that the one who killed the mysterious person who the ghost arm belong ti and the other person who wanted everyone to know who the real murder has put the arm in Mo Village. 

Soon all 3 of them stopped by an inn to eat. As they were eating they heard a few customers talk with each other about the Immortal Baoshan Sanren's discipline Xiao Xingchen. Wei Ying and Lan Xichen didn't recognize the name without so little memory they had gotten back. 

Jiang Cheng started to explain to them "Baoshan Sanren is an immortal; she is also Wei Wuxian's mother's Master. Xiao Xingchen is your Uncle if you put it one way. The rumors about the Chang Cian Clan were actually done by Xue Yang, a Demonic Cultivator, when Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan took Xue Yang to LanLing Jin, Jin Guangshan was the only one who tried to take the side of Xue Yang. But it is said that Xiao Xingchen went missing after he gave his eyes to his friend Song Lan. No one has seen him since then."

Lan Xichen listened quietly as she drank her tea. Wei Ying wanted to know who Xiao Xingchen was. Maybe some memories would come back but Wei Ying and others didn't know that they were going to get a shocking truth as well shocking discoveries that would completely change the course of the journey.