Chapter 7

Wei Ying walked through the forest, playing his flute and jumping excitedly. Wen Ning walked beside him and looked around the forest cautiously. He smiled sweetly when he saw how excited his master was. 

Who could blame Wei Ying? It was his nephew's one-month birthday celebration and he was going to meet his nephew. Wei Ying had also made a special gift for Jin Ling. 

Wei Ying and Wen Ning finally reached Qiongqi Path. But before they could step a foot forward, Wen Ning suddenly appeared in front of Wei Ying. He’d seen an arrow being released at Wei Ying. 

Wei Ying frowned and spoke loudly, "Who was that? Come out and stop hiding." An angry voice called out to Wei Ying, "Wei Wuxian, the Yiling Patriarch. You are finally here. I will kill you for making me like this."

Wei Ying saw a fat man appear wearing the Jin sect robes. Behind him were many cultivators. Wei Ying growled, "Who the hell are you?." 

The fat man got angry at this and snapped, "I am Jim Zixun, Jin Zixuan's cousin. You cursed me with Hundred Holes. So I brought 300 cultivators to kill you." 

Wei Ying really couldn't remember this fat man at all until he said he was the peacock's cousin. Resentful energy started to appear around him. Wei Ying said angrily, "I didn't curse anyone. And why would I curse you?."

"I don't want to hear anything from you. Attack him," said Jin Zixun. Wen Ning took his sword and started fighting with the 300 cultivators, protecting his master. 

Wei Ying and Jin Zixun looked at each other with angry faces. Wei Ying was about to put his flute on his lips when he heard a few familiar voices calling out to him. Just as he looked at the source, Wei Ying suddenly coughed up blood, dropping his flute. He looked down to see a sword going through his stomach.

Wei Ying looked up to see that it was Jin Zixun who used the distraction to stab him. He heard a few people shouting his name.

_______

Jiang Cheng was in the main hall with his sister, who was carrying Jin Ling. Jiang Cheng looked around the hall to see if he could catch sight of Wei Ying but didn't see him. The hall was filled with different Sect disciples and Sect Leaders. 

Jiang Yanli didn't know why she felt like her A-Xian's life was in danger. She glanced at her brother and said, "A-Cheng, I’m worried about A-Xian. I feel like something bad is going to happen to him."

Jiang Cheng turned around to see his sister looking at the entrance with a worried look. He answered, "Jie, if he doesn't arrive soon then I will go and bring him here."

Jin Zixuan was talking with Nie Mingjue and Lan Xichen when Jin Guangyao came bursting into the room and exclaimed loudly, "Brother, we have a problem. Jin Zixun planned an ambush on Wei Wuxian. He’s gone to Qiongqi Path to kill him."

Everyone exclaimed loudly. Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli made their way towards Jin Guangyao. Jin Zixuan said, worried, "A-Yao, take a breath and tell us what happened. Why does he want to kill Wei Wuxian?" 

Jin Guangyao took a deep breath and answered. "Jin Zixun thinks it was Wei Wuxian who cursed him with Hundred Holes. And now he has gone to kill Wei Wuxian. I tried to stop him but I couldn't."

"What? That's ridiculous! Wei Wuxian wouldn't use something like a Hundred Holes curse." Jiang Yanli was now more worried than before. 

Jin Zixuan said, "He wouldn't have gone that far. I will go and bring them back." 

Jiang Yanli looked at her husband and said, "I will come with you."

Jin Zixuan wanted to protest, but Jiang Cheng said he would follow them. Madam Jin came and said, "I will take care of Jin Ling. You all go and stop Jin Zixun." No one noticed Jin Guangshan and Jin Guangyao looking at each other and giving a small smirk before they went back to acting worried.