Chapter 3

Last Chapter

Both the young cultivators were looking at something behind Wei Ying and Lan Xichen. Both of them glanced at each other before they realized why the two cultivators were looking at them like that.

                            ________

Both Wei Ying and Lan Xichen’s eyes went wide with their mouths hanging open in shock. They didn’t think they would find someone who could see their wings. The reason for them being shocked was only those people who have cultivated immortality or they are about to cultivate immortality can see their wings. 

Much to Wei Ying and Lan Xichen's shock, the two young men standing in front of them could see their wings since their eyes were watching something behind them where their wings were out. Just to confirm Wei Ying looked at the two handsome cultivators questioning them while pointing at her wings “Can you see this?”. The handsome men wearing purple robes answer wearily while they both hadn’t sheathed their sword “Yes if you are asking about both of your wings”. 

"Wow! We didn’t think we would be able to meet two immortals" Wei Ying jumped in excitement, exclaiming. Both the cultivator in front of them frowned as the purple one said, “We are not immortal.” Lan Xichen replied to them with her sweet voice “You may have not cultivated immortality yet but if you can see our wings then you both are about to gain immortality at one point”. The guy wearing all white questioned, one of his eyebrows raised, “What do you mean?”

Wei Ying glanced at them before she answered their question, “We both are gods as those who are immortal or about to gain immortality at some point can only see our wings. If both of you can see our wings that means in future no matter what you will become immortal,”. The purple man said, “You both are gods?.” 

Lan Xichen said as she saw that both of them were confused. Lan Xichen could read the guy in all white, even though he was expressionless. He could see the confusion in their face “We are newly ascended gods. We were sent here to help you all with a ghost arm.” At the word ghost arm, both of them perked up, while sheathing their sword. “I am Jiang Cheng, courtesy name Jiang Wanyin, the Sect Leader of Yunmeng Jiang Sect,” said the purple cultivator. The one wearing white mourning clothes replied with his usual hard tone “I am Lan Zhan, courtesy name Lan Wangji from Gusu Lan Sect”. 

When Lan Xichen heard the name Lan, she glanced at Wei Ying. Was it possible that she was from Lan Sect? Would Lan Wangji know her? All these questions were messing up her mind. Lan Xichen had too many questions she wanted an answer to, but right now she had other things to do. Jiang Wanyin questioned, looking at them with one of his eyebrows raised, “And you both are…?”.

Lan Xichen stopped thinking as she put both of her hands out and bowed, introducing herself “I am Anquan. Nice to meet you” Wei Ying also bowed and introduced herself to the young Sect Leader “I am Huiqing. Nice to meet you”. The forest was covered in black mist, but the only place that was clear of mist was the place where all four of them were standing. Lan Wangji asked, his voice laced with confusion, “Ghost arm?”. 

Wei Ying told them that they could talk while walking so they started walking as she answered Lan Zhan’s question “Other gods told us that you wished us to help you with the ghost arm so we were sent to the mortal world to help you.” Jiang Cheng glanced at them as he continued walking, “The ghost arm appeared 6 years ago. All of us tried to capture it, but no one could. So we had to ask the gods to help us. We are glad that you both are helping us.” 

Lan Xichen smiled,  as she tucked her hair behind her ears and replied, “It’s what we do. By the way, can you tell why everything is covered in this black mist?” This made both Jiang Cheng and Lan Zhan to pause as both of their expressions showed hurt. Jiang Cheng hesitated before he answered," the black appeared after my adopted brother the Yiling Patriarch died or you could say, after they killed him".

Wei Ying and Lan Xichen could clearly tell that they both missed this Yiling Patriarch, but they couldn’t understand what his death had to do with the black mist. But they had a feeling the reason was different.