Chapter 5

Last Chapter

Wei Ying and Lan Xichen pulled away from their hands and looked behind at the two boys looking at them with shock. Their eyes wide, Jiang Cheng said "What the hell?".

_______

Wei Ying giggled seeing both men's surprised faces, even Lan Xichen was giggling cutely. And as for someone who was expressionless as Lan Wangji, this was the first time Wei Ying saw his shocked face. Wei Ying looked at the two men answering them, "That was one of our powers. We both have the ability to talk to plants and animals." 

Jiang Cheng got over his shock, standing straight and said "I didn't know gods have so many different types of powers like this". Lan Xichen tilted her head and replied "only Huiqing and I  have this power. We both are different from other gods." After saying that all four of them started walking again.

As they were walking through the forest, they met a young girl. As Wei Ying and Lan Xichen were talking with Jiang Cheng. The young girl suddenly started dancing while an old woman chased after the young girl. Wei Ying asked the old woman about what had happened. The old woman told them that the young girl dancing was her daughter called A-Yan. She had received an engagement with her future husband until he was killed by the wolf on the second day after their engagement.

When A-Yan got the news about her future husband she became like a sluggard. But after some time, her soullessness was cured on its own. However, after this, she had suddenly gone crazy, cheerfully dancing to other people whenever she was outside. 

"I think it's a soul-consuming spirit and not a soul-consuming beast," said Wei Ying after thinking about the situation. Lan Zhan said, "That's what I was thinking". Suddenly they heard a loud noise. When all four of them ran towards the source of it. They saw a big statue and a few young cultivators fighting. 

All four of their eyes widened in shock as Jiang Cheng exclaimed "What the hell?". Lan Zhan and Jiang Cheng ran to help the juniors. Wei Ying took out her flute to play when she realized that they were not enough to destroy the statue. Anxious, Wei Ying put the flute near her lips as she started blowing on it. Thought Wei Ying "Please anything that is strong enough to destroy this big female statue." 

Everyone stopped to look at Wei Ying when they heard a noise coming from bushes. Wei Ying glanced to see a young man, a fierce corpse. Wei Ying put away the flute when she suddenly felt her headache. She took hold of her forehead. Thought Wei Ying"What was that? Was that my memory before I died?". 

Lan Xichen asked worriedly "Are you alright? Did you also get some memory back." Wei Ying said, " Yes, I just got a little bit of my memory back when I saw Wen Ning." Wen Ning's head was lowered down as if he was waiting for someone to command him. Wei Ying started playing the flute again when she saw the female statue was about to attack again. Wen Ning instantly destroyed the statue into pieces. Jiang Cheng said, "What was that an  illusion?". 

Lan Xichen looked at Wei Ying and said " You need to calm him down. He is still not conscious." Wei Ying suddenly remembered a song. Wei Ying took a deep breath before she started playing the song. Wen Ning turned towards her when she heard someone gasp in shock. Wen Ning kept walking towards her as she took a few steps back.

Suddenly Wei Ying's arms were caught, making her stop playing. She turned around to see it was Lan Zhan who had stopped her. Lan Zhan looked at her eyes straight. Wen Ning suddenly started blinking his eyes looking around, stopping his eyes on Wei Ying as he said "Young master Wei". 

When Jiang Cheng heard Wen Ning he felt a rush of hope coming. Jiang Cheng took a deep breath as he started walking towards the two girls and standing in front of them. He opened his mouth to ask to hope that what he was hoping for 6 years had come true.

Jiang Cheng started walking towards them as he asked "Your name is not Huiqing but Wei Ying right?". Wei Ying and Lan Xichen looked at Jiang Cheng shocked. Wei Ying asked "Do you know me? Why do you know my name?". At this word, Jiang Cheng felt his eyes becoming wet as a tear rolled down his face. Wei Ying felt her head becoming light soon she felt herself fainting. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Lan Xichen staggering little. Soon both of them closed their eyes and fainted.