Chapter 11

Just as everyone was thinking about what kind of place they had ended up to, an unconscious Sizhui suddenly stood up clumsily with his eyes closed. It seemed as if he was... sleepwalking? 

Everyone turned to him but was only amused and wanted to see what Lan Sizhui will do so they just kept watching him. His eyes were closed, yet he seems like he’s seeing where he’s going. He suddenly turned around and went back to the wall from where they had found it. Everyone found it amusing as well as strange. Wei Ying didn't know wether ti laugh or cry. Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng went towards Lan Sizhui and pulled him out of the wall again. 

Jiang Cheng turned to look at them and said, "We shouldn't linger." And as if his words were a bad omen, they suddenly heard Lan Jingyi scream.

The four of them looked at each other. Lan Zhan said "Something must be wrong outside. We should leave." Everyone nodded.

Jiang Cheng hoisted Lan Sizhui up and carried him on his back as they made their way out of the castle. When they have finally exited the castle, they saw Lan Jingyi waiting for them at the entrance of the forest. His face was pale, as if he had seen a ghost.

Lan Xichen’s soft voice called out, "Jingyi, what happened?" 

Startled by the sudden sound of another human being, Jingyi squealed, his hand placed around his chest. When he saw it was just Lan Xichen, he breathed out a sigh of relief. Then his eyes fell towards Lan Jingyi dangling limply on Jiang Cheng’s back and Lan Jingyi’s eyes started to widen.

Running towards Jiang Cheng, he asked nervously, "Is he… is he okay?"

Jiang Cheng could see the worry in Lan Jingyi's eyes and immediately reassured him "He’s fine, just unconscious. Why were you shouting?" 

Lan Jingyi sighed when he heard and said, "Someone was standing at that tree right there, I couldn't see who it was. It’s as if… h-he’s watching me,” a shiver run down Lan Jingyi’s spine and he almost wanted to squeal again but decided against it, thinking that he’d look bad in front of Hanguang-jun.

Lan Zhan immediately went towards where Lan Jingyi was pointing at but saw no one there. But he found a piece of cloth and handed it to Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng put Lan Sizhui down and Lan Jingyi immediately went towards them to support him. Jiang Cheng took the cloth from Lan Zhan’s hand. 

Jiang Cheng turned towards the girls and said, "Take Sizhui back to the inn. We will go find out who’s that person that Jingyi saw. We might have an idea who that person was, but we need to be sure. Let’s go meet where we met that charlatan."

Wei Ying and Lan Xichen nodded in agreement and only watched Lan Zhan and Jiang Cheng disappear from their sight. Wei Ying kneeled next to Lan Jingyi and spoke in a merry tone, "Let's go to the inn."

Wei Ying and Lan Xichen settled Lan Sizhui on Lan Jingyi's back and beckoned them to follow.

____

Lan Xichen helped Lan Jingyi settle Lan Sizhui on the bed while Wei Ying paid for their accomodation. Lan Xichen sat down on the bed, moving her fingers through Lan Sizhui's hair. She looked up and said, "Jingyi, you should go and tell the remaining disciples that Sizhui has been found. They might still be looking for him." 

Lan Jingyi bowed and replied, "Yes. I will go inform the others." Lan Jingyi left the room just as Wei Ying was coming in. They only bade their goodbyes and Lan Jingyi went on. Wei Ying walked towards the bed, observed Lan Sizhui for a while before peeking on a part of Lan Sizhui’s legs where she saw visible black marks.

"Curse marks? I didn’t even notice," said Lan Xichen, studying the curse marks.

Wei Ying hummed and said, "I knew it was there even when we were still in the castle. I just didn’t have the time to make sure since we got to check on Sizhui.”