Chapter 10.1

A/N: more Sawyer being Sawyer. Heed the warnings from previous chapters - nothing's getting better (yet). Take care of yourselves.

Sawyer loved the confliction in Gabriel's face every time he said 'Master'. He said it without hesitation now, every time. But there was always a barely perceptible grimace, that Sawyer would bet he had no idea was there. And Sawyer wasn't about to tell him, because it was exactly what he needed from the boy.

He'd been molding him for almost two weeks now, since that first, much needed spanking. But he'd been taking it slow. The idea of independence was still there, even if Gabriel didn't use it. He was naturally deferent. Except for that one, fantastic, time that Sawyer had been handed on a plate, there hadn't been any excuse to punish him. If Sawyer had wanted to go hard and fast, like he would have with anyone else, he would have had to make up reasons to punish.

But he hadn't done that. Because there was something about the boy that was so, so different to the usual parade of idiotic twinks who passed through his life. Something that he was having the novel feeling of wanting to hold onto. He was different to anyone he'd known for years. In fact, he reminded Sawyer of someone special from his youth. The one who got away, he might even say, perhaps.

No, he couldn't push things too fast. Not while Gabriel still had himself in there somewhere. Not when he might still think he had a choice. If Sawyer pushed him too far he could still leave. Though even now, without much preparation having taken place yet, Sawyer wasn't too sure Gabriel would make that choice even if he was pushed. But regardless, Sawyer was choosing to focus on the other side of it for now. He was concentrating on reminding Gabriel just how much he needed him. How much Sawyer fulfilled those secret desires he was still so wonderfully ashamed of.

The spiked cock cage had been a stellar decision. He had Gabriel in it for hours at a time now, owning his arousal. Gabriel loved giving in like that; he loved the pain when his body betrayed him too, obviously, but the joy he felt in giving up his control was palpable. Of course, that wasn't exactly Sawyer's endgame. A sweet little masochist happily trading his power wasn't what Sawyer did this for. What he did do it for would come with time.

Gabriel also adored being spanked until his ass was pummeled enough to be black and blue for days. He really wanted to feel it, and Sawyer was taking pleasure in building up his tolerances there; the introduction of the wooden paddle had been a resounding success on that front. As had the sharp, biting nipple clamps and the powerful, pinching wooden pegs.

Gabriel was far less of a fan of the ring gag, or any gag, really, but particularly that one, for the obvious reason of what came next. Sawyer didn't believe in giving his subs any autonomy during scenes. He didn't want their grabby hands all over him. He'd begun to bind Gabriel's wrists behind his back every time he applied the ring gag now, so Gabriel couldn't push at his thighs or try to escape. Gabriel hated it – it was clear in the way his gray eyes dimmed when he saw it come out of the drawer – but he never said a word. He did it for Sawyer. Which Sawyer found equal parts sweet and pathetic.

But that was the only thing Sawyer had maintained that Gabriel didn't like. Let the boy think that was the worst it could get. Gabriel had fallen easily into the other side of things. He'd never even asked for his phone back – Sawyer wasn't even sure he'd noticed it was gone – he'd just started using the alarm clock that had been left in his room. He did all the cooking and cleaning without being asked, which did take some of the enjoyment from Sawyer, who couldn't berate him. He solved it by making sure to include a few depersonalizing comments to his appreciation. Gabriel liked being humiliated, even if the little shivers he got were clearly against his will, and it had the added benefit of reminding him how much he needed Sawyer.