Chapter 19: The Connivance

Warning/s: swearing, mentions of blood and dead individuals

Martin Brenner witnessed the defeat the moment when her non-biological daughter escaped from their well-secured laboratory, thinking she would now get her freedom and his plan won't be occurring anymore. The whole laboratory was in a horrible predicament due to Eleven's powers as everything stopped from aggressively moving as the lights returned from their normal behavior.

The doctor's sight filled with deceased nurses scattered on the floor, as blood splatters almost covered the walls. His eyes turned very blurry as he attempted to stand up all he can, luckily, he still managed to balance himself getting up. He soon took his minor steps as the parts that affected his body began to occur, gradually heading to his office.

He grunts due to the pain, wiping the blood that made him very uncomfortable away from his head as it filled his hands. Brenner tracked his vision around, searching for the telephone to instantly contact his accomplice because of the circumstances that messed everything around. When he finally found it, he quickly dialed the number and waited for it to respond. "Fucking pick up now." He cursed under his breath, now became impatient, and only wanted to fix the problem directly.

"Hey, Doctor Brenner. What's your decision now? Have you finally decided yet?" She heard the lady's voice and at least relieved him when she finally answered.

"I'm taking it. I'm now agreeing to be your partner in this case or any crime if you'd like." He seized another deep breath and hesitated her to respond once more, rubbing the blood from his hands to his black trousers. Martin closed his eyes in annoyance and decided to just reveal everything he encountered a while ago.

He tried to process some words to say as he closed his eyes in pressure. "I kidnapped Eleven when I found her being lost at the road and brought it here in the laboratory, I was desperate to get my daughter back. She then escaped from here earlier. I don't know where she would go now. Her powers just strongly triggered." The doctor's emotions were suddenly concealed by nervousness when he never heard any response from the lady. The two agreed on conniving with each other for their plans to succeed and probably would own every grain of accomplishment in anything or everything they would do.

"I guess my predictions are entirely correct then, the typical. Don't worry, I already made a moving way ahead of time, in case you will agree and I'm not wrong. I earned these pathetic kids to trick. I got their trust; they are now doing their moves thinking they would receive triumph." There was an abrupt smile formed on Brenner's lips when he heard that statement from the lady. For him, she's an absolute superior that could do anything she wants. He felt lucky he crossed paths with her and didn't give up on convincing him to be the lady's ally.

FLASHBACK

"I could help you in case Eleven would attempt to escape your laboratory. I mean, she got that strength and there is a possibility it will be a mess."

"How could you be so sure about that?"

"She loathes you quite much, right? Also, the reason why the girl escaped there for the very first time was that she didn't like your place, she feels controlled and terrible. I would not be surprised if she would escape again this time."

"Okay, this is what will happen, I'll contact you very soon. I need to carefully think about it if I am ready to accept you. It's just... things weren't clear to me lately, especially this. But don't get disappointed whatever would be my decision is.

"No problem. Goodbye."