- 07 ; disappointment

"What happened?" Lucy asked quickly as she rushed towards the group

"What happened?" Lucy asked quickly as she rushed towards the group. Robin hung her head low as Peter clenched his jaw, looking towards Caspian.

"Ask him." he muttered hatefuly as he started walking away.

"Peter." Robin sighed in disappointment.

"Me?" Caspian let out a humorless chuckle. "You could have called it off! There was still time!"

"No, there wasn't, thanks to you!" Peter seethed. "If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now."

"And if you'd stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!" Caspian yelled as a crowd of narnians slowly gathered around, watching the two argue.

"You called us, remember?" Peter raised his eyebrows.

"My first mistake!"

"Boys-" Robin tried to intervene between the two but it was no use.

"No, your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people." Peter yelled as he started walking away.

"Hey! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia." Caspian shouted as Robin sent him a disbelieving look.

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father... Narnia's better off without the lot of you!" Peter says, his face red from anger.

Caspian shouts as both boys draw their swords.

"Stop it!" Robin yells at them while Edmund keeps a hand in front of her, a sign to not get involved.

The two boys glare at eachother but put their swords away, begrudgingly. Caspian glances at Robin, his face falling when he sees disappointment clear on her face.

────

Caspian sighs as he looks at the carvings of the Pevensie's and Robin in Aslan's How. He knew he shouldn't have done what he did, he knew he should have stopped his brawl with Peter. Just seeing the disappointment on Robin's face made his stomach churn. He didn't like the feeling.

"Are you so glad of that magic horn now, boy? The kings and queens have failed us. Queen Robin has failed us. Your army is half dead. And those that aren't will be soon enough." a voice startles Caspian.

He looks towards the entrance where Nikabrik stood. Caspian's jaw clenched hardly at the comment about Robin but he decided to not mention it right now. "What do you want? Congratulations?"