uneasy

Riddhima watched Vansh as he collected the appropriate files and placed them in his briefcase. She played with the ends of her dupatta and looked around. Multiple times she had taken a step towards him to say something but each time she pulled back. He was about to leave on an important trip. It wouldn't be right to say something to him.

"Riddhima." He eventually sighed. Placing the straps of his briefcase over his shoulder, he told her, "Jo kehna hai khol ke abhi bol do varna teen din baad hi bol paogi."

Riddhima's heart quickened. "Teen din? Tum teen din ke liye jaa re ho?"

"Haan."

Riddhima dug her fingers into the palm of her hands. Her heart was racing even more now.

"Kya baat hai Riddhima?" He asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Vansh, mein bhi tumhare saath chalti hoon." She spoke, her eyes staring off into the far distance.

"Riddhima, business meeting ke liye jaa ra hoon. Vacation manane nahi." He tried to reason.

"Mujhe nahi pata. Mein bhi tumhare saath jaa ri hoon. Mujhe do minute do, mein abhi pack karti." She had turned around to head for their closet, when Vansh pulled her back.

"Riddhima," He drawled. "Meine kaha na tum nahi aa sakti."

"Kyun nahi aa sakti? Mein kaunsa tumhari meeting mein jaane ke liye keh rahi hoon. Mein hotel room mein rahe lungi, but please mujhe apne saath le chalo." She pleaded. "Vansh, mujhe bahut ghabrahat si ho ri hai."

He led her to the bed and made her sit down. "Tumhe kuch nahi hoga Riddhima. You're perfectly safe now."

Riddhima's brain immediately said otherwise. How can he possibly guarantee her safety when he wouldn't even be here? She knew he spoke to Chachi and Aryan, but did he speak to Ishani and Anupriya too? If he's saying she'll be safe, then surely he must have.

Riddhima took some deep breaths to calm herself. She should trust him. It took him a long time, but at least he finally saw his family for who they really were.

"Just three days." He whispered. Then, leaning closer to her lips, he said, "Then you're all mine."

That brought a smile to her face. "Acha?"

Nodding, he had leaned further and would have kissed her but Riddhima placed a single finger on his lips. "Aur agar mein ne mana kar diya toh? You know, as punishment for leaving me behind."

He bent his head towards her ear and whispered, "Then make up sex would be even hotter than I imagined."

Hot desire coursed through Riddhima's body. She had to clutch her dupatta as a way to stop herself from pouncing on Vansh right then and there.

"I should go." He announced, looking her in the eye.

Riddhima wondered if he wanted her to stop him. She instead told him, "I agree."

With a knowing smile, he got up and made his way to the car. Riddhima followed him and saw him off. With one final wave, the two bid goodbye.

As the car drove away, Riddhima paled in color. She simply could not shake off that uneasy feeling inside of her. She looked back at the mansion and her stomach twisted in an ugly knot. Rather than going inside, she made her way to the back garden instead.

________________________

With a hammer in her hand, Riddhima stared at the little microchip she had placed on a stony table. Right now, this little chip was the most dangerous thing in Riddhima's life. It not only held the potential to destroy Vansh, but it had somehow roped in Aryan as well. When Chanchal had explained her reasoning for her villainous actions, Riddhima had instantly understood why she went as far as she did. Not that she agreed with her, of course.

Riddhima adjusted her grip around the hammer. The best thing for her to do right now would be to get rid of this chip once and for all. With a vicious swing, Riddhima brought the hammer down and the chip clattered over the table. It smushed in the corner but it wasn't enough. She brought the hammer down again and this time it flattened, and cracked in two.

She was about to land a final blow when her head was pulled back by a strong arm resting over her mouth. Riddhima immediately struggled to get out of the stranger's grip, but her vision started to weaken. Clenching the hammer, she swung it back. The world began to haze around her, and she fell to her knees. She placed her hands on the ground and tried to take in deep breaths to center herself. She glanced at the hammer that was still in her hand. There was blood and bits of skin hanging from the end of it.

She had turned her body to see who her assailant was when she was knocked over the head, and she blacked out.

______________________

It was Riddhima's throbbing head that finally made her wake up. Groaning, she blinked her eyes and tried to remember what the hell had happened. When she did, she shuffled in her spot as if she were in immediate threat. When her senses calmed her down enough to make her realize that she wasn't, she tried to assess her situation. It was completely dark around her and other than her legs nothing else seemed to be moving. Certainly not her hands that were placed behind her back and were apparently tied together with something. She tried to call for help but her voice was muffled by the gag around her mouth.

Her heart began to race. She aimlessly kicked around but really, she had no idea what the hell she was doing. The only thing she knew for sure was that she was locked up and being held captive only god knows where. She wished she knew who had done this to her. Then Vansh wouldn't have spared them.

Her eyes got misty when she thought of him. She knew she should have gone with him. She should have insisted on it. If they had gotten into a fight then so be it. At least she wouldn't be stuck down here.

She kicked around again but nothing budged. She hunched over and though her voice was muffled, she screamed for someone to come and help her.