lost

Vansh entered the mansion with hell blazing behind him.

Riddhima better be fcking home.

He stopped seeing his beloved family seated together in the lobby, indulging themselves to bowls of rice pudding. They were all there except for three: Ishani, Aangre and Riddhima. He knew where the first two were, but where the fck was Riddhima?

"Vansh," His grandmother greeted with a tentative smile. "Itni jaldi aa gaya." Looking behind him, she asked, "Riddhima kahan hai?"

The heated intensity with which he looked at her, made even her tremble in her spot. Her smile all gone, she asked more sternly, "Vansh, Riddhima kahan hai?"

He took a few steps closer and stared at his aunt and cousin. Surely, they wouldn't have been dumb enough to try something funny with her again. The haste in which the two averted his eyes confirmed his doubt. It wasn't them.

"Vansh mein tumse kuch puch rahi hoon." Daadi spoke.

Vansh pulled out his phone and sent Siya a text.

Vansh: Who told you Riddhima's with me?

Siya: Anupriya mom.

Vansh glanced at said woman. She was busy scooping out spoonfuls of pudding. He scrunched his brow, seeing a gauze bandage sticking out from her sleeve.

"Vansh, tujhe sunayi nahi de raha kya?" His grandmother spoke again.

"Mein fresh ho kar aata hoon." He replied.

Vansh bounded up the steps ignoring his grandmother's calls.

He slammed the door to his room so that his family knew not to make the mistake of disturbing him. He threw his briefcase onto the bed and shoved himself out of his jacket. He seethed as he pranced around the room while rolling up his white sleeves.

What was it that Riddhima told him?

Do aur log hai jinhe saaze milni chahiye.

She had named Ishani and he dealt with her. So who the fck was this second person? His hands on his hips he went through the list of his family members. Chachi, and Aryan are out. Chachu wouldn't even think about it since it's all beneath him. Besides, he wasn't even home right now. Aangre wouldn't even dare to think about hurting her. Neither would Daadi or Siya. Ishani? But she's not even home.

Right now...

Vansh paled. What if Ishani did something to Riddhima before she left?

Fuming, he left for Aangre's home.

___________________________

"I won't ask again Ishani." Vansh warned. "Riddhima kahan hai?"

"How the fck should I know!" She yelled back at him. "She's your wife. Shouldn't you know?" She glared at him with a cutting look in her eye. With a vicious gleam, she smirked. "Or did she run away again?" Vansh clenched his jaw. "Kya hua Bhai? Were you not able to love her enough ya woh handle nahi kar payi? You know what, woh jahan bhi hai, I wish she stays there."

"Ishani!" Vansh took a step towards her but stopped when she raised a hand to stop him.

"Wohi ruk jao bhai." She spat out the last word. Walking to the front door, she opened it and stared furiously at her older brother. "Go. Aap ki biwi aap ka kahin wait kar rahi hogi. Or maybe not. I don't really fcking care. I just want you out of my home."

Vansh's eyes burned. His jaw clenched, he slowly walked out. Before he crossed the threshold, he looked at his younger sister.

Her eyes glistening, she told him, "Yahan dobara aani ki galti mat karna. This place is for family only."