Chapter 8: Part-Time Smoker

Fluttershy's POV

I could hear the hurt in Dash's voice, but I didn't want to seem nosy, so I didn't question her. After we both put on our helmets, she proceeded to take me to this small café called 'Sugarcube Corner'. I had never once heard of or been to that café, but if I go with Dashie, I'm sure I'll be fine.

Throughout the drive there, I had my arms wrapped around Dashie's waist, but I couldn't help but feel as if something was just eating away at her mind relentlessly. I desperately wanted to know what was wrong, but I'd rather not start an argument or anything of the sort...

Minutes later, I found the motorcycle coming to a slow halt. When I looked up, we were parallel parked on the side of the curb. Rainbow Dash and I hopped off the motorcycle, and began to walk side by side each other like before.

I observed the building in front of us and noticed how the exterior sent a comfortable vibe through the atmosphere. It was at least a three story, brown brick structure with large window displays on both sides. There appeared to be a striped pink and yellow awning just above the door of the café.

Upon reaching the entrance, the small window had the words "SUGARCUBE CORNER" painted on in a white curly font. Underneath it was a white sign that read "OPEN" in red letters.

Rainbow Dash pulled open the door and a jingle was heard from above us. Most likely just a bell used to signal new arrivals of customers.

After entering, my sense of smell was overtaken by the scents of baked goods, coffee, and other sweets. On the left side of the room, I saw wooden circular tables lining up against the window with a set of matching chairs.

Several different photos and knick knacks were up on display on the walls of the café. I looked over to the right side, and saw a brown sofa with a few other tables here and there. Occupying the sofa, was our usual group of friends: Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, and Spike. Beside them laughing along with their stories was Trixie Lulamoon, Sunset Shimmer, and a third girl I hadn't previously met before.

She wore a red flannel over a tight black tank top with black skinny jeans and a pair of black Chuck Taylor's sneakers. Her sleeves were rolled up to her elbow and she seemed to be sporting all kinds of rubber bracelets on both wrists. Her hair reached just about an inch past her chest and was black with the tips of her hair being blue.

Her gaze fell upon us, and I finally took notice of her baby blue eyes. A smile formed on her lips as she saw Rainbow Dash, and the two lip piercings glimmered with the light.

"Skittles? Is that you?" She said with a smile clear in her voice. After her statement was said and done, she captured the attention of the other group of girls.

"No way... Monstarr? Is that really you?" Rainbow questioned with a shocked voice. The girl snickered and soon got up from her seat. She must have been at least two inches taller than Dash and I. "Holy crap, it IS you!"

Before I knew it, Dash and the girl ran towards each other while laughing and soon hugged each other as if they hadn't seen each other in years... Which is most likely the case from what Dash had said.

"Fluttershy! Over here!" Pinkie Pie shouted out and waved her arm, quickly summoning over to the sofa. I smiled warmly, and began walking over, feeling slightly down.

"Hi girls," I greeted each of them, and surprisingly got a bear hug from Pinkie Pie.

"Darling, let the girl breathe!" Rarity called out with an eyebrow raise. I giggled as the hyperactive teen released her tight grip on me.

"Hey, Fluttershy! Nice to see you again," Sunset Shimmer waved at me and I smiled at her. She seemed pretty decent just like the others. Twilight scooted over and patted the empty space next to her, gesturing me to sit next to her. I hesitantly took a seat in between her and Sunset... Would the other girl get mad if she saw me sitting in her spot?