Chapter 27: Wildfire

*Three weeks later*

"... All right, thank you so much for everything," I said, shaking our lawyer's hand. She flashed a pearly smile and nodded before heading out our home. I shut the front door and looked over to Scootaloo only to find her smiling widely. "Everything's set in stone... Holy shit."

Along with inheriting the Dash mansion, Scootaloo and I gained ownership of any valuables under either my mother or father's name. We inherited hundreds of thousands of dollars because of their efforts working in a sporting company (that we later learned that our mother owned that company as she stated in her will.) The will also guaranteed us job opportunities in that same company if we choose to take it - the offer will always remain open to either one of us. As far as education was concerned, my father had left a couple thousand dollars left in his savings account for any university we choose to attend after high school.

Life was going good. There hasn't been any sign of Gilda since she kissed me back in late September. Next Friday is the Nightmare Night holiday bash at Sweet Apple Acres, and Fluttershy's father was staying longer than intended.

"Who knew mom and dad left us this many things? Don't get me wrong, I can't ever forgive dad for doing those things to us... But it was strangely kind of him to do all this for us," Scootaloo said to me in a hush. She played with the sleeves of her dark purple sweater. I faintly smiled, and walked over to her to give her a hug.

"You know, if this place is still bothersome, we can always move out somewhere else," I said, taking a seat beside her. I reached out and grabbed a bottle of water behind the counter. Scootaloo looked down at her hands and sighed.

"I don't like this place. But I don't want to waste a lot of money on some other fancy house. They worked hard. We can't just blow through it," she replied. I was surprised by her response, but it was good that she's been smart about expenses.

"Who said anything about a fancy house? We don't have to live anywhere expensive. Just a simple one or two story house in the suburbs... We can just use this house for parties and band practice. I want us to stay somewhere... Safe. Where we both feel at ease," I suggested, taking a large gulp of water. Scootaloo considered my words.

"I'll think about it. Now come on, we gotta get to school," she said with a smile. I chuckled and walked with her out the door. "See ya later, Krypto!"

Krypto howled happily from the living room. I laughed and led my sister to my favorite blue car.

Fluttershy's POV
After changing into some light wash skinny jeans and a white tank top, I pulled on Rainbow's maroon pullover and styled my hair into a half ponytail. The pullover was a little baggy, but it was so comfy... Plus, Dashie loved seeing me in it. I smiled to myself and walked over to the kitchen where I found Rainbow Dash already inside having a full conversation with my mom. I grinned and leaned against the wall, both of them oblivious to my presence.

"... Nah, these past few weeks I've been coaching the school football team. Sadly, I've been having to do it alone since our co-captain ran into some personal issues. The sport I'm really excited for is basketball," Rainbow beamed with joy. My mom laughed and served her a plate of scrambled eggs and chocolate chip pancakes.

"You know, when I was in high school, I used to be in the tennis team with a best friend of mine..." my mom replied with a smirk. She laid out a plate of the same thing on the table next to Rainbow Dash, "Now those were my glory days. At least until college came and upstaged that... Fluttershy! Food's ready!"

She jumped when she turned and saw me in the hallway.

"Thank you. How long have you two been talking? I didn't even hear you," I asked laughing. I sat down and kissed Rainbow on the cheek. She flushed red and kissed my hand delicately. My mom served herself a plate of breakfast and sat in front of us with the newspaper laid out in front of her.