Chapter 26: Hidden Values

Author's Note: I'm not positive how long it has been since I last updated this story. But I was genuinely surprised to see how this story has been ranked based off the tags, and I was so blown away when I saw this yesterday afternoon. After re-reading this book from start to finish, I felt that leaving it unattended was just plain dumb. I hope you forgive me for the year(s) long wait.

This past week, I have been travelling across different states (Utah, Colorado, Oregon, California, and New Mexico) on a family trip, and I felt that it was eye opening. More inspiration crossed my mind, and this story had been in the back of my mind throughout the journey. I'm typing this on my phone as I'm on the road in Idaho. Several miles away from Texas, haha.

As always, your feedback is important. Thank you all for the votes, the reads, the commentary... Everything.

Follow me on Instagram: vsco_phonetography
To check out my adventures. Without further ado, here's chapter twenty-six.

WARNING: CONTAINS MATURE IMAGERY, AND LANGUAGE.

30 UNREAD TEXT MESSAGES
18 MISSED CALLS
9 VOICEMAILS

"... Is that it?" Sheriff Silverstar hung his head low. His hands remained on each side of his hips. "That's all? All this... For this," I said raising my arms up towards my father's jail cell.

"I'm sorry, kid." He muttered under his breath and walked away from the room, leaving me alone in front of his empty cell.

*20 minutes earlier*

"Rainbow Dash! Stop! I need to talk to -"

"Fucking can it, Scootaloo!" I yelled over her angrily. She backed away. A mixture of hurt and anger swept through her eyes. Her confident demeanor faltered, but she regained herself as quickly as I spoke over her.

"Rainbow Dash, I know you're upset, but I found something that I think you should -" I cut her off again by walking out the front door of the mansion and slamming it behind me. Whatever it was couldn't have been more important than what I was about to do.

I hopped into my sports car and quickly started up my car. Through the rearview mirror, I saw Scootaloo chasing after me saying something. My hands gripped tightly onto the steering wheel as I speedily drove away and through the streets of my neighborhood.

Sorry Scoots... I just need to do this.

The drive to the jailhouse was fast, but when I arrived at the parking lot I took notice of an ambulance slowly taking off. After sloppily parking my car, I shoved open my door and swung it shut with a loud thud.

"Rainbow Dash -" An office greeted me, but I shoved past him angrily and into the jailhouse. He attempted to grab my arm, but I yanked it away from him lightning fast.

"Where is he?" I shouted out into the room. Other security guards took notice of my presence and hurried over to me. "Get the fuck away from me! Where is he?! He owes me answers!"

"Ma'am, I need you to calm down. If you fail to do so, I will use any type of force necessary," another police officer announced loudly through the large entrance doors. All heads shot toward the voice instantly, and I immediately recognized the tone.

With his gun drawn, Sheriff Silverstar held his stance until his eyes landed on me. A bewildered look crossed his face until he returned his weapon back into its holster.

"Miss Dash... What can I for you?" He questioned. His voice sounded hollow, and almost strained.

"Finally, someone that can actually help me..." I shoved myself through the security guards towards the sheriff. "I need to speak to Prism Dash. Immediately, if you would."