Chapter 29

"Look who it is." Emily said with a smile as Beca entered the kitchen trying to fix her hair.

"The one and only." Beca said opening the fridge.

"So have you checked your phone?" Emily asked.

"No why?" Beca asked confused.

"You've made a lot of headlines Mitchell." Emily said amused.

Beca rolled her eyes "When don't I? I can literally post a red screen on Instagram and the media will try and decipher what that post can potentially mean." Beca said as she pulled out eggs.

"Eggs and grits ok with you?" She asked Emily.

"Yes, thank you." Emily said "But this time is different."

"How so?" Beca asked getting everything ready.

"Because the media has never caught you kissing anyone on the beach." Emily answered.

Beca looked towards Emily "What now?"

Emily chuckled "Someone caught you two kissing and now it's everywhere. Honestly the picture looks like something out of a romantic movie."

"Let me see." Beca said quickly.

Emily nodded and pulled up the countless articles and posts about the picture.

"Great." Beca sighed.

"What's the worse that can happen?" Emily asked.

"They literally hound us for answers." Beca said.

"I thought you said you had a great relationship with the media and paparazzi." Emily said.

"We do, notice the websites that actually posted about it? It's the ones we don't like and the ones that always try to paint us bad. And for all we know, it could of been some random person who just happened to be there. It's common for people to walk along the beach at night." Beca said.

"So is this good or not?" Emily asked.

Beca shrugged "You know I don't really care about this shit but you never know. All that matters at the end of the day is Stace and my happiness."

"Yeah that's true." Emily said.

Beca served two plates for Emily and her.

As they were finishing they heard two sets of footsteps.

"We'll look who decided to wake up." Beca said.

Stacie rolled her eyes as she walked towards her "You wake up before me once and you have jokes."

"I've done it more than once but who's keeping count." Beca shrugged.

Stacie sat down on Beca's lap throwing her arms around her neck "Oh whatever, what'd you make me?"

Beca raised her brows "Excuse me? You could cook for yourself you know."

"I could but why would I when I have you." Stacie said resting her forehead against Beca's.

"Is this really what I have to deal with?" Beca asked.

"Don't worry I'll always pay you back." Stacie said seductively placing a soft kiss on Beca's lips before getting up and sitting down on the chair next to Beca's.

"Such a fucking tease." Beca mumbled getting up.

"Hey have you checked your phone?" Emily asked Stacie.

"No, why?" Stacie asked.

Emily just slid her phone towards her showing the same article she showed Beca.