Chapter 12

"Beca my girl, how you living?" The Weeknd asked as he entered the studio.

Beca spun around "I can't complain Abel, how you doing?"

"Better now that we can get back to it." He smiled as he sat down next to her.

"Now that I can agree on." She smiled.

She opened up her files that she had worked on over the past week "So here's what we've done." She said pointing to one folder "And here's what I've done on my own time." She said pointing to another.

"Alright let's hear what you got for me." He said.

Beca played him a few beats she created with the ideas he gave her during the last session.

"The first two and the last one are a definite yes." He said.

Beca smiled hearing this "Perfect, you have anything to record?"

He looked at her "Girl what kind of question is that? You know I always come prepared." He smiled as he got up and headed towards his bad grabbing his notebook.

"Well don't let me get in the way then." She joked starting to set everything on the soundboard up.

The two spent the next hour recording the songs The Weeknd has already written and prepared before they sat down to talk about the remaining number of songs.

"I got a favor to ask." Abel said.

"Hit me." Beca said back looking towards him.

"You know I always ask you to write me something since you always do such a great job at producing my stuff, you know how much I love your writing so I was wondering if this time you can write two songs I can use?" He asked.

Beca nodded "For sure, we talking about end songs or what?"

"For sure songs to close out the album, you already know what the album is about and how I want it to flow so I know you'll come up with hits." He smiled.

"You know I got you." She smiled back.

Beca already knew what direction The Weeknd wanted the songs to be in and how the story of the album was going to be ordered so this shouldn't be that difficult.

"So what's up with the acting? You a triple threat now?" He joked.

Beca rolled her eyes "I'm much more then a triple threat." She winked before continuing "But you know it's always been something I've been interested in plus I get to work with Stacie so it's a win-win in my book."

"As long as you're happy keep doing you." He said with a pat to her back.

The two of them finished up the session shortly after agreeing to meet up in a couple of days after Beca wrote the songs for him. Beca got into her R8 and drove home. She pulled into the garage and made her way to the door.

"Ma! Your back." Alanna shouted excitedly as she ran towards Beca.

Beca smiled and leaned over opening her arms as Alanna jumped into them.

"Hey minion, miss me?" Beca smirked.

"Yeah." Alanna nodded before kissing Beca's cheek.

Meanwhile Emily and Stacie were watching from the door way.

"Wow, who would of thought the Beca we knew from Barden would be like this with a kid." Emily joked.

Stacie chuckled at that "She's always been a loving person but she never shows it. Alanna is different though, Beca is in love with her and honestly I couldn't ask for more." Stacie said with a smile of pure love as she looked at the two girls.

"You really couldn't ask for more?" Emily asked with a knowing look.

Stacie shrugged "I mean sure I could but at the end of the day as long as Alanna is happy then that's all that matters. What we have works." Stacie answered.

Neither girl was stupid, they both had a feeling that there was something more there but they didn't want to force something or do anything that could have any negative affects. They also had to think about it from a career standpoint as well as a personal one, everything the two did they did with the thought of Alanna.

A few hours later the three girls were lounging around having a quick bite when Beca's phone rang.

"Ahhh how can I help you my dear?" Beca answered.

"Just wanted to see if you were down for a girls night?" The voice said.

"We all know what that really means." Beca chuckled.

"Oh come on don't act like you don't have fun miss life of the party." The voice joked.

"Yeah yeah yeah I'm the wild one we've established this, now what's up?" Beca asked.

"Well we were thinking of heading to Coven if you're down." The voice said.

"Give me a sec." Beca said as she muted the line turning to the girls.

"Hey, Yessie wants to know if we're down to head to Covens." Beca asked.

"Oh my god we haven't been in so long." Stacie said.

"What's coven?" Emily asked.

"Strip club." Beca answered.

Emily looked shocked for a second "Well ok then, wasn't expecting that one."

Beca laughed "Let me guess, never been to one?"

"No." Emily answered slowly.

"So?" Beca asked.

"I'd love to, be just like old times." Stacie smiled.

"Em, you don't have to go if you don't feel comfortable or what not." Beca said.

"No I'll go, it'll be an interesting experience." Emily said.

Beca unmuted the line "We'll be there. Me and Stacie have a friend visiting so she's going to be joining."

"The more then merrier girl. I'll text you the details." The other person said before hanging up.

"Uh quick question." Emily said.

"Shot." Beca said.

"Who's Yessie?" Emily asked.

"Jessie Reyez. Yessie is just a nickname." Beca said.

"Ohh I love her music and her style." Emily said looking excited.

"Well get ready then, your about to meet her." Beca said as she started to head towards her room.

I know this isn't much but I just wanted to give y'all something. I feel bad for not being able to update this story recently, the next couple chapters will be shorter chapters but hopefully I can find more time to update this story more often.