Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Rosey quickly moved to take the lead, entering the great hall moments before Malfoy. The great hall consisted of a large ballroom with various couches and chairs littered around the room. Gold detailing wrapping around the pillars lining the room. Everyone else was already seated, talking among themselves. Rosey quickly noticed that none of the other male prefects had dressed their female counterpart in scandalous clothing.

"I hope you're taking notes on how everyone else picked appropriate outfits," She hissed over her shoulder to an already smirking blonde. She sat next to the hufflepuff representative, who quickly picked up conversation with her.

"Draco sure didn't go easy on you for the bonding exercise did he," Her eyes drifted over the skirt hugging her upper thighs. She was dressed in an oversized shirt with different types of mushrooms placed across the front, matched with jeans and a hufflepuff blazer.

"Nothing is ever easy when it comes to the Malfoy heir," Rosey chuckled.

"That is unfortunately true," The small hufflepuff frowned.

A loud pop echoed in the room and the professors appeared. Their eyes moved to the outfit choices, stopping for a moment longer at Roseys. Her eyes moved to Malfoy, who was obviously pleased with his completion of the first task.

Mcgonogal cleared her throat. "For your second task, we will be playing texas poker. For the first five rounds the girls will play, the rest will be played off by the boys. When your other prefect is playing you may do whatever you please, such as playing cards, or getting refreshments for the people at the table. The money you will be using will be equivalent to house points. You will be given 500 for the buy in, the rebuy value will be 100 and will be taken from the house points that have already been earned by your fellow classmates so play wisely. Now please move to the table ladies," The halls lights quickly shut off, just as the windows and curtains closed. A led hogwarts logo appeared on the ceiling. Slowly the rest of the room began to lighten with the flash of purple lights, showing a poker table sitting in the middle of the room. Rosey quickly sat up and moved to the green seat, the poker chips already sitting on the table. The other competitors looked uneasy as they sat at the table. Everyone else stood, leaning on the rail that surrounded the poker playing field, eager to watch.

ROSEYS POV

When all the other girls sat at their respective spots, a spot light turned on, facing us. I played poker with my family, and had become quite the prodigy amongst the Hawthorn clan. Mcgonogal took her place as the dealer and began dealing cards. I put in two chips as the big blind and took a look at my cards. Two kings, I could work with that. I placed them back down and raised my head to the rest of the players who were analyzing their hand. No one seemed to be showing anything, but it was only a matter of time. The rounds of bets were placed, nothing too crazy was put on the board, but everyone stayed in.

"I'll raise you five," I plucked five poker chips and placed them onto the table, waiting to see who would match it, which they all did. We showed our hands, Hermione had turned out to be bluffing, and Ravenclaw had a pair of 3s. I took the chips and lined them up.

It took two more rounds to find when each player was bluffing. I was winning from the looks of it, with ravenclaw and Hermione close behind.

By the time our rounds had ended, I knew I had set Malfoy up for an easy win. So as long as he didn't fuck anything up too bad we could take it.

"Time for a break," I got up and went back to the cabin, eager to change out of this horrific outfit.

The boys had already begun playing when I returned. I stayed in the shadows, not entering the light or retrieving drinks. I analyzed each prefect, finding patterns. Their poker faces weren't bad, could've fooled plenty of people. Someone leaned next to me, watching as well.

"Ravenclaws bluffing," I looked up to see Hermione, brows furrowed as she watched the game. I nodded slowly before moving my head back to the table.

"He plays with a spare chip worth five points when he is," I added on.

We both watched in silence, three more rounds commenced and Hufflepuff had gotten out, opting against buying back in. The pot had grown, and soon a staring match between Malfoys calm demeaner and Rons poker face commenced. Trying to find a bluff. Malfoy rose his cards on the edge of the table, looking at them quickly. My eyes widened slightly, realizing he didn't know what to do. He hadn't taken the time to read Ron, not thinking of him as much of a threat. But he just bled Ravenclaw out, and now it was in between the two of them.

"I'm going to get Malfoy a drink, he looks parched," I smiled at Hermione and moved to the drink bar at the back of the room. Grabbing him a drink and moving into the spotlight. All eyes moved to me, my sleeveless bodycon dress sparkling with every movement. I placed the drink in front of Malfoy and leaned down to his cheek, giving it a kiss before moving to his ear. I nipped it gently and watched him smirk as he moved his hand to my cheek, giving me a cover to talk.

"He's bluffing," I whispered before standing up again and moving off of the platform.

I had barely moved back next to Hermione before the first high stakes began.

"All in," My eyes widened as Malfoy pushed everything onto the board.

"What the bloody hell is he doing," Hermione whispered.

"I don't fucking know," My voice was quiet. Horrified at his actions. I called his bluff, I certainly did not hint at putting everything onto the line. Ron smiled and pushed everything into the middle as well.

Hermione massaged her temple with her middle finger, her gentle breathing becoming slower, as she tried to control her breathing.

I watched closely and took a sharp intake of breath as I realized it wasn't just Ron that was bluffing. They both were.

"Please present your cards," Mcgonogal was evidently surprised by the turn that this game was taking.

Ron presented a king and a four. Malfoy flipped his cards, showing a three.

"Fucking hell Malfoy, you bet everything off of a three," I spoke aloud. He directed his gaze towards me. Not moving his ice blue eyes off of mine as he revealed his second card. An Ace. He stood and shook Rons hand, whos eyes had not moved from the table.

"Wow," Hermione murmured before going up to comfort Ron.

I walked up to the board, looking at all the numbers again and going through the chances in my head. A light kiss pressed just behind my ear.

"I could have won on my own," Malfoys deep voice mumbled, his warm breath hot against my ear.