Part 4

The next morning I wake up in bed next to Derek. We walked here after watching the sunset and went straight to bed. We were both very exhausted and fell asleep the moment our bodies touched the bed.

"Goodmorning love." I hear from next to me.

"Hi, goodmorning to you too." I say back to my handsome man laying next to me. I missed this, waking up next to him every morning. The feeling I felt in this moment was one I haven't felt in a long time and really missed. I closed my eyes again and took in the moment. When I opened them again I found Derek closer to my face our noses almost touching. I placed my hand on his cheek and my lips on his.

He looked at me and his facial expression changed from happy to sad. He taak my face in his hands and opened his mouth to say something.

"Meredith, I am so sorry for leaving you so soon." He started moving his thumb over my cheek. "And I am so sorry I wasn't there for you when you were pregnant with our little baby girl Ellis."

I felt the tears building up in my eyes and this overwhelming feeling of sadness took over. The tears were running down my face and all I could let out was.

"I know you are Derek. It's ok."

"Our kids turned out so well, you did an amazing job at raising them." He said pulling me in for a hug making me feel better.

We stayed in that position for some time before my stomach started making noise letting me know I need some food. We sat up put on clothes and went to the kitchen to go eat our breakfast. After breakfast we took Doc for a walk on the beach.

"What are we going to do today?" I asked Derek.

"I am going fishing later, please come with me." He said taking my hand in his.

"Fishing, really?"

"Yes Mer it'll be fun I promise."

"Ok, let's go fishing later."

We went back to the house and sat on the couch. We put on the TV and I sat next to him with his arms around me. I looked up at him, this feeling is what I missed all these years. He is still the love of my life and I'll never love someone like I loved, love him. I tilted my head and my lips met his. I moved my body so I sat on his lap. His tongue slid across my bottom lip asking for me to open my mouth. We deepened our kiss by opening out mouths. Derek put his hands on my hips and lifted me up walking over to the bedroom. He laid me down on the bed and kissed down my neck. I threw my head back giving him more space to kiss. He pulled up my top and kissed down my chest. I unbuttoned his shirt and threw it on the floor. My hands moved from his cheeks down his chest to his belt. I undid his belt his belt, unbuttoned his pants and pulled them down. Derek made his was down my body and did the same to my pants. We made love like we have never done before. I missed his touch and the way he makes me feel like noone else can.

A couple of hours later we got dressed again and got ready to go fishing. We took all the gear and went outside to his favorite place on the beach, near the deck. We placed all our stuff on the sand and I sat down in the chairs we brought with us. He went down in the water and a smile appeared on his face. He loves fishing and this happiness looks good on him. I stayed on the beach and looked at him enjoying his fishing time. This here makes me want to stay on the beach forever and never leave.

All of a sudden a feeling of sadness overcomes my body and I hear voices in the background.

"Mommy, mommy!"

I looked around but noone else was around, it was just me and Derek.

"Mommy, mommy!"

I heard the same words again and the tears started building up again. Derek looked at me and saw that I was crying. He came over to me and asked what was wrong. I told him about the voices and he looked at me with his bleu eyes and put his arms around me.

"Those are the kids calling you. I know it is overwhelming but the kids are calling for you to fight and come back to them. Meredith i know you want to stay here I can see that but please fight for the kids, don't let them grow up without a mom.

"I miss them so incredibly much, I wish I could see them." I said.

"Come with me." Derek stood up and reached his hand for me to grab.

We walked to this puddle of water and sat in front of it. I looked at Derek with a confused look and he said "Just wait for it."

We waited and then there it was. We looked at the puddle and the kids appeared.

"This is how I look out for you. I come here every day and looked at how you guys are doing and sometimes I send you a little sign when you need it." He explained while holding my hand in his.

We looked at the puddle and the images appearing. We saw Amelia and Link playing with Bailey in the backyard and Zola and Ellis were watching the while making me 'get well soon' cards. We stayed here for the rest of the night and enjoyed each other's company.