Chapter 1~

The large tree's lining the road cast long shadows over the roof of my car, covering me in a blanket of coolness. With the Australian summer air being muggy and hot, I bathed in the temporary temperature change.

Today's the day I move into my first ever house. Alone. Miles away from my family, who currently live in a different state.

As I drive down the main road of the town, I notice its completely surrounded by forest. I love the forest. Its so comfortable and quiet, and the trees covering the sky make me feel safe and cool.

Pulling up to my new house, I hear a strange noise coming from the forest.

"HOWL"

That's unusual. Australia isn't known to have wolves, like, at all. The fact that there are wolves or some sort of dangerous creature roaming the forest near my house is unsettling.

I decide to just start unpacking the small amount of boxes I have and deal with the creature problem later.

The keys to my house jingle as I open the front door for the first time. Everything is set up just as I asked the mover guys to do. I peer into the loungeroom to my right and cringe at how empty it feels.

"This is nothing like me." 

~time skip brought to you by the power of procrastinating~

By 7pm i was fully unpacked and happy with the results. My stomach started growling, indicating it was time for food.

I've never been one to cook much. Its to much effort for a sad soul like me. So pulling out my phone, I call the local KFC for delivery. 

The tell me it'll be a while until my food arrives, so to pass the time i decide to introduce myself to the neighbours.

Pulling on a worn out pair of sneakers, my favourite jumper and a pair or jeans, I slip out of the house into the fading light.

My house is next to only one house, which is located on the corner of my street. The corner house leads straight onto the surrounding forest, while my house is on the corner of a roundabout.

Surprisingly, in the few hours since I arrived, I haven't heard anymore than 3 cars drive past the street. 

I walk over to the house on the corner and knock on the door gently. I don't want to seem rude, considering I'm the new one here.

Within seconds, a short boy with straight dark hair opens the door, yawning. He rubs his eyes before looking at my tiny figure.

"Hey, I'm Changbin. I'm guessing your new here?" he mumbles, still rubbing his eyes. I nod.

Before anything else can be said, Changbin turns around and calls out down the hallway. "Chan the new girls here. Come take over so I can sleep."

Soft footsteps echo through the entry hallway and a head of curly blonde hair peeks out from behind Changbin. "Hi I'm Y/N, its very nice to meet you." I greet the tall boy nicely in hopes he wont think I'm a horrible person.

He looks me up and down with a blank face before meeting my eyes, and smiling. "Im Chan. I own this house but my friends live here to. I hope you enjoy living here." He holds out a hand and tilts his head adorably.

Reaching out to shake his hand I realise that neither him or Changbin look like they were born here. "Hey, are you guys Asian?" I feel horrible asking, but some part of me wants to get to know them well.

"Yeah, I was born in Australia and I moved to Korea as a child. I came back here with my friends to show them around my birthplace and none of us wanted to leave." The blonde responds with a growing smile on his face. 

"Hey I'm Korean to! I've never lived there because my dad is Australian, but I was taught the language since I was young." Chan's smile seems to be infectious as the more his smile grows, so does mine.

By now I only just realised that Changbin wasn't there anymore. He must have left soon after Chan came out.

The sound of a car beeping and doors opening and closing pull me back to reality. The delivery man noticed I wasn't home and alerted me that he was here. I turn back towards Chan.

"I'm sorry my dinners here. But ill see you around?"

Chan gives me a sad smile and promptly nods his head, causing his curly bangs to fall into his eyes. "Of course Y/N! Your welcome here anytime you like. Next time ill introduce you to the rest of the boys, I'm sure they would love to meet you!"

And with that I turn and head back home, making sure to pick up my food on the way in.

Id say today was a successful day!

So that is the first chapter of the story! Ive been trying to work on it for a week now and ive been so busy that it took a while.

I know my writing style is different from your usual fanfiction writer, but i hope its still enjoyable. Please give me any feedback on this chapter, and chapter 2 will be out soon!!

Author-kun out!!