𝟎𝟑. 𝐚𝐝𝐝 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐞

。・:*:・゚✧ 。・:*: 。

CHASING SPARKS

03. add a little bit of spice

゚. : ・*: ✧ 。・:* : ゚

To say Eloise was surprised when she was greeted by a suddenly found and fully functioning Lydia Martin in the Beacon Hills parking lot the following morning, was a gross understatement. The strawberry blonde, with the familiar Allison Argent tagging alongside her, approached Eloise as she was still standing on the sidewalk curb frozen mid-step in disbelief.

This was not what Eloise was expecting after rolling out of bed, getting ready, tying back her slightly messy dark blonde hair, throwing on her olive-coloured windbreaker, and hiking the annoyingly long walk to school. Up until the moment she spotted Lydia, Eloise had been debating dropping out of her first-period class and just retaking it in the summer, the pros being she could sleep in longer and avoid seeing Mr. Harris's snotty face first thing in the morning.

But to see Lydia, hair styled, wearing heels and impeccably dressed in a maroon mini dress that astounded Eloise, a girl who in her sleep-deprived state could barely remember to tie her own shoelaces, snapped her out of any lingering grogginess.

"Lydia?" Eloise questioned as the two girls approached her. She fell in step with them as they continued up the path towards the front entrance of the school.

"In the flesh," the strawberry blonde grinned at her, casually flicking her curled hair over one shoulder and narrowly hitting Allison on her other arm. To her credit, Allison looked just as confused and concerned as Eloise by Lydia's utter lack of concern for the fact she had been missing in the woods for multiple days.

After sharing an uneasy glance with Eloise, Allison cleared her throat. "Are you okay? I bet everything that happened this weekend was pretty traumatic for you and if you need to talk-"

"There's no need," said the unfazed girl in between them, shrugging her shoulders rather blasé-like. "The last thing I remember was taking a shower hospital room after the animal attack."

"So you really don't remember anything?" Eloise asked, the worry evident in her tone. From what little medical expertise she had from watching Grey's Anatomy, not remembering spending an entire weekend in the woods facing the below-freezing temperatures and weather exposure seemed somewhat worrisome.

Lydia sighed, swiftly growing irritated with the topic of conversation as the trio walked up the front steps leading to the entrance doors.

"The Doctors called it a 'fugue state', which is basically a fancy way of saying, 'We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days.'"