𝟏𝟎. 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞

。・:*:・゚✧ 。・:*: 。

CHASING SPARKS

10. one black coffee

゚. : ・*: ✧ 。・:* : ゚

It had been days since the incident at the pools. Days of endless research through online supernatural fantasy databases, days of information dead ends on the fabled Kanima creature, days of nearly beating the poor keyboard senseless in frustration.

All Scott, Stiles, Allison, and Eloise knew about the unexplainable creature lurking in town was the information Derek had admitted to them with unnecessary vagueness back in the school parking lot. Up until this point, it had been thought to be only a rumour, a cautionary tale used to scare children at night. The giant lizard was called a Kanima. It was a shapeshifter, but apparently it wasn't a normal shapeshifter, as if there was such a thing as a 'normal shapeshifter'. Derek had called the creature an Abomination of the supernatural .

Although, for the past several days, everything had been normal enough, though, with no additional murder attempts or Kanima sightings. Much like the calm before a storm

The uneasy, quiet had finally broke when Stiles heard the terrible news that morning from his father at breakfast.

When Stiles finally made it to school later that morning, his stressed eagerness and building agitation had him practically tripping over his own feet in a mad scramble to get to his shared first-period class with Scott. The buzzcut-haired boy ran into the classroom, tumbling into his seat directly behind his best friend.

"Dude, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news," Stiles panted, out of breath from sprinting halfway across the school to warn Scott.

Scott shushed him, cautiously gesturing to where Isaac Lahey sat in the row of filled desks in front of them, reclined in his seat and wearing a gloating smirk. "I think I already know."

Stiles paled. "What do we do?"

"Nothing for now," Scott muttered under his breath, warily eyeing Derek's beta suspiciously. "Let's wait and see what he does."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Eloise rubbed her bleary green eyes as she pushed through the crowded hallway to get to her first-period class. She was carefully nursing her to-go cup of black coffee she had brewed earlier this morning as she rushed through the halls. After already receiving numerous warnings from the first-period teacher regarding her tardiness, the dark blonde cursed herself for running behind. The teacher had threatened that the next time she arrived late, they would call her parents. Eloise had decided that the risk of burning herself with her splashing scalding-hot coffee as she near-ran through the hallways was a better option than facing her parents' wrath and discipline.