𝟏𝟒. 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧

。・:*:・゚✧ 。・:*: 。

CHASING SPARKS

14. this might as well happen

゚. : ・*: ✧ 。・:* : ゚

Eloise didn't think of herself as a bad person.

A little hot-headed and quick to anger? Perhaps.

Did she have a sharp tongue her better judgment often struggled to rein in? Maybe.

Too stubborn for her own good? Probably.

Dead to the world before two cups of coffee in the morning? Definitely.

Purposely antagonist towards others? Sometimes... depending on the person.

For instance, at the moment she was pulling together the last-minute touches of a very antagonistic outfit that she had come up with the night before for school today.

From the very back of her closet, Eloise had dug out her white tennis skirt. Last summer her adoptive parents had been convinced Eloise was going to be the next tennis prodigy, a fanciful dream that had smashed within a week of failed lessons at a fancy club after it was discovered that she had terrible hand-eye coordination and a complete disinterest in the sport.

The skirt was short, she knew that, counted on it really. It was a rarity for Eloise to wear anything but jeans or mom-style shorts to school, she was making a statement with this skirt, hoping to catch the eye of a very specific someone.

She paired the white skirt with a tight black tank with a higher neckline, because modesty, and actually gave her hair a proper brush through, her caramel locks neatly falling over her shoulders.

The staple piece to the truly diabolical outfit was Isaac's black leather jacket. It was oversized on her, so she cuffed the sleeves twice before deeming the look acceptable.

Of course, she would give the jacket back when she saw him in school, but why not tease him a little bit first.

If Isaac thought he could unnerve her by pretending to flirt and taunt shamelessly, Eloise would prove just how prepared she was to step up to the plate to face him.

The blonde did one last look over herself in the mirror, satisfied with her positively wicked reflection.

Grabbing her ever-classy beat-up sneakers and shoving them on at the door, Eloise ran out to greet the cool morning air. The teen was pleasantly surprised when she found the leather jacket was excellent at protecting her from the brisk chill March breeze. Perhaps she would ask Isaac where he had got it and pick up a matching jacket for herself. The thought made Eloise almost giggled as she kicked a stone across the sidewalk in front of her.