𝟏𝟓. 𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚

。・:*:・゚✧ 。・:*: 。

CHASING SPARKS

15. t is for trauma

゚. : ・*: ✧ 。・:* : ゚

In hindsight, Eloise realized just how entirely oblivious she was.

The teen should have heard the window latch forcibly snapping open, or saw the creaking shift of the window frame sliding up and open after that. She should have noticed something that indicated the presence of the crouching dark silhouette hovering on the roof overhang underneath her now very much open window.

Scrambling backwards out of her desk chair in a blind panic when she finally caught the figure's movement in the window most likely wasn't the best survival instinct Eloise ever had.

It wasn't a big leap across the room, thankfully, but her legs got caught in the armrests of the swivelling desk chair, sending her tumbling head over heels to the floor. Eloise landed elbows-first awkwardly on the floor with an ugly thumping sound, the back of her head banged against the carpeted floor hard enough to make her feel dizzy for a second or two.

What hurt the most after her tumble to the ground was her pride. The shrill yelp that left her mouth resembled more a terrified screeching bat instead of a completely functional teenager who was about to get murdered in her own bedroom.

Once she reorientated herself from the fall to the ground, Eloise impulsively grabbed the closest thing near to her, the heavy biology textbook from the stack on her desk, and prepared to hurl it at the intruder entering through her window. It wasn't the most convenient or deadly object to throw, but the teen reckoned anything could leave a bruise with enough force behind it.

"Get the HELL out of here or I SWEAR TO GOD-" Eloise started frantically, scrambling to her feet as she awkwardly brought her arm back to hurl the textbook.

She was brought up short by the sight of the figure's dark honey-coloured curls as they ducked underneath the window frame and into the hazy yellow light of her room. Light blue eyes gleamed with mischievous delight and what could only be described as a shit-eating grin was plastered across the young beta werewolf's face.

"Isaac?" Eloise gaped, completely astonished, as the taller boy slipped the rest of the way into her room like this was a casual occurrence. He was dressed in almost all black, except for the white t-shirt peeking out from underneath his unbuttoned jacket and the grey backpack slung haphazardly over one shoulder.

The bastard had the audacity to flash her another grin. "Hey," he simply said.

"You're- um, WHAT?" Eloise spluttered, gaping at the boy that had just nonchalantly broken into her house. "You're in my- what are, what the hell are you doing- fuck! You're in my room- what are you doing here?"