Chapter Thirteen

In Magnus' apartment, after watching all of the glass bottles sitting on the table behind him shatter into a thousand little pieces, glittering like the sun being reflected off the clear ocean. Lydia and Isabelle were confused as soon as the warlock started rushing around the place, running into every room, bringing a different item each time. Potion bottles filled with ingredients, a bowl and some sort of herb grinder.

"Umm Magnus what are you doing?" Isabelle finally questioned as Magnus sat down on his couch the items laid out on the table in front of him. "And what do you mean by something is in here with us?"

"Meaning something is trying to get our attention." Magnus mumbled, sprinkling a purple herd into the bowl and grinding it into a fine powder.

"We need a better explanation." Lydia said a little annoyed, wanting to know what was going on, watching Magnus pour the powder into one of the potion bottles, clicking his fingers, everyone watching as a blue mist covered the purple powder turning it into a dull silver. Magnus smiled, standing up joining Lydia and Isabelle whose faces were still twisted in confusion. "What is that?" Lydia questioned pointing to the bottle being held in between the warlocks' painted nails.

"Just watch." Magnus turned around to face the open space in front of him, his eyes focused on the broken glass. While Lydia and Isabelle just looked at each other not knowing what the hell was going on. They just watched as Magnus poured the silver powder into his hand and threw it into the air. They all watched as it floated through the air as if it was drawn to something, something that was unseen to the human eye and nothing like a glamour. Suddenly, like a bullet being fired from the barrel of a gun, the powder attached itself to a slowly emerging image standing across from the tiro who watched as the image of a person started to form in front of them. Raven black hair in it's usually messy style, pale skin and distinct hazel eyes that Magnus could get lost in for a lifetime. Isabelle had tears in her eyes seeing the person materialized in front of the group as if they were right there with them.

"Alec?" she questioned, her voice small and quite seeing the image of her brother in front of her. Alec however just smiled a genuine smile of happiness and pure relief.

" Izzy, Lydia, Magnus." Both women noticed Magnus and Alec locked eyes for just a split second with warmth and relief. But then they all noticed Alec's image start to flicker, becoming weaker, fading away. "I can't keep this up forever." Alec started to breathe heavily, bending down, putting his hands on his knees, clearing, getting tired from whatever it was he was doing.

"Ok, give us facts, details." Lydia interjected, not wasting any time. "Where are you?"

"I don't know, um I can only see the room I'm in. I'm catatonic I can't move but from what I can hear I think I'm in some sort of factory, abandoned."

"How are you Catatonic?"

"Valentine trapped me in a state so he can open my mind. Don't know what the last part means."

"It means that he is going to inject you with a serum so you're able to hear every death as it is happening. Your brain basically overloads itself in the process." Isabelle stated, her voice trembling as she spoke seeing the surprised look on both Alec and Magnus' faces. She thought Magnus would have known about that. "We're gonna find you and stop him before he does. I promise."

"Don't promise that Izzy. I don't think I'll wake up before that happens." Before anyone could say anything else Alec's image disappeared from them letting the silver dust fall to the floor. Magnus used his magic, bringing the dust to his hands.

"Now we can find him." He spoke looking at Isabelle and Lydia who were both confused.

"How?" Lydia questioned. "He just disappeared in front of us."