Chapter Five

A/N

For the Gif above, image the eyes to be silver instead of gold, enjoy!!!

After Magnus told Alec how Valentine killed all of the Banhees and Banshees when the circle was still in power. Which scared the life out of him, Alec sat in what seemed to be Magnus' potion room at a wooden desk with a blank sheet of paper laid out in front of him. "So I just write down all the answers?" He questioned Magnus who stood in front of the deck and shook his head.

"No, this isn't going to give answers. it will help you figure out who's death you are predicting." Magnus said seeing Alec look at him confused.

"How?"

"Well when a Banhee, like yourself, predicts death it's all told in metaphors or things that lead up to the person's death or how they are going to die. They usually have to figure it all out or sometimes they just go into a fugue state and they walk around and find bodies not knowing how they got there in the first place." Alec slowly nodded, listening to all of the Warlocks information and motioning for him to continue. "But what some discovered is that they could use automatic writing to help them figure whose death they were predicting."

"So I'm writing down the name of the person who's going to die?" Alec was still confused about how the whole thing was going to work. He just looked at Magnus who shrugged his shoulder and nodded his head as if it were a really dumb question.

"Basically." Magnus stated, seeing how Alec was still confused he sighed and tried to explain who it was going to work more. "You'll go into a trance almost, but you will have to focus on one thing that your visions of the graveyard have in common." He snapped his fingers making blue sparks come out of them and Alec saw a vial of blood appear on the desk in front of him.

"The river of blood." He mumbled and Magnus nodded.

"Yes, hopefully by just focusing on the blood, and the silence around you, you should be able to hear the voices in your head more clearly and listen to them so you can write the name down on the paper in front of you." Alec looked up at Magnus, unsure about whether or not this would work. Magnus gave him a reassuring smile and walked out of the potions room to stand just beyond the doorway so he could watch Alec and jump in if anything were to go wrong. Alec slowly picked up a stray pen on the desk, unscrewed the lid and focused on the vial of blood in front of him. The silence in the room was overwhelming to the Shadowhunters but also calming at the same time. His hazel eyes fixed on the vial of blood as the voices started to flood into his head like a wild, untamed sea.

He listened to them and what they were saying. With his hazel eyes turning silver the pen in his hand connected to the paper in front of him. Magnus watched from the doorway as Alec started to scribble down on the paper furiously. He watched as the state Alec was in became more and more intense. His strokes with the pen becoming more hard almost like an animal clawing at its prey. His silver glowing fixed open as his head tilted from side to side as the Shadowhunter continued to scribble down on the paper whatever the voices were telling him.

Magnus slowly entered the room, becoming more concerned for Alec as he stayed in the trace state. "Alexander." He called out softly but Alec didn't react, his focus still on the paper which was now covered in black inked words. "Alexander." Magnus called out again seeing how transfixed Alec was becoming on the paper in front of him, to the point where he didn't even notice that his nose was starting to bleed a little. "Alexander snap out of it!!" The warlock shouted running over to the desk and ripping the vial of blood out of the Shadowhunters' gaze, making Alec drop his pen and his eyes returning to their normal hazel color. He reached his hand to the dry-ish blood that rested under his nose as Magnus picked up the piece of paper to see that Alec had written the word vampire over and over again. But what was more interesting is that the words were in the shape of other letters that spelled  out a name. "Simon?" Magnus said, confused and concerned, turning the paper towards Alec who's eyes went wide as he snatched the paper out of Magnus hands.