15. Getting Along

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🕯️

"WE BOTH DON'T WANT TO LIE ANYMORE, Cabrera and we know that. So, we need to bond together. We need to learn how to tolerate each other." His voice seemed to fade in and out throughout his sentences in Cabrera's perspective. The talk in the café was a day ago and agreeing with Louis she deemed to be probably the worst yet beneficial decision she has ever made in her life.

Her eyes darted around the field from the bleachers as people started glancing at the occasionally once again. "By bond, you mean dragging me here to watch these boring tryouts?" Cabrera asked, sardonically asking for a confirmation.

"It's not going to be boring. I'm in it!" Louis said and grinned thinking that would cheer her up. It didn't. He sighed in frustration and took hold of both corners of her lips and forced them to form a smile. "Come on, be glad I'm helping you fix this. I'll be gone soon enough, and if we don't accomplish this, Francis and Dior will still keep on fighting."

His words were enough to convince her. Slowly but surely, she let her frown fade and pushed a grin onto her face, although her eyes still twitched with annoyance. "I'll have to ask God to send me a package of good acting skills with a side of patience. So, what's my role?"

"Cheer for me," Louis replied.

She raised an eyebrow and shifted her gaze between him and the field before sighing in defeat. "Fine. How do I cheer?"

"You've never done something like this before?" he asked, exasperated.

"Do I look like the type to watch games? I usually go out window-shopping for heels that I never even buy," she replied, folding her arms close to her chest.

"You shop for heels?" Louis asked, surprised.

She frowned. "What? Why are you so surprised? Do I look like I'm not the type?"

He shrugged nonchalantly and uttered, "Just cheer. Yell whatever the bloody hell you want. Let your talent shine through your curse words. So, let's practise. What would you yell?" His words hung in the air as she contemplated the idea of actually following through with his request.

'Do I really need to do this? Can I ditch him and go home to have a good sleep?'